PDA

View Full Version : window card

taketwoagain
08-01-2005, 09:31 PM
I hear people talking about window cards but I can't find the term anywhere. What does "window card" refer to? Thanks

SheridanCat
08-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Can you point to somewhere you saw this? I'm not familar with the term. I know what a door card is, but not a "window" card.

Regards,

T

taketwoagain
08-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I never saw it. I just hear it in conversation at the table where people talk about hitting their window card.

SheridanCat
08-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Sorry, I've never heard of that one.

Regards,

T

Cooker
08-02-2005, 01:00 AM
I found this with google here (http://www.planetpoker.com/games/dictionary/vocabw.asp)

window card

(n phrase) The front card of the five in a draw poker hand, when the cards are squared together such that only one can be seen. Also door card.

The door card refered to is from 7 card stud meaning the first up card you are dealt. This is what I originally thought of when I read your post.

I am pretty sure that it can also mean the first card visible as the dealer deals the flop in holdem. He burns one then deals out three cards face down on top of each other. Then he flips them over and spreads them out. I think the card you first see when he flips them over but before he spreads them out is also called the window card (of course you don't see this online).

SheridanCat
08-02-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the card you first see when he flips them over but before he spreads them out is also called the window card (of course you don't see this online).

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems plausible to me. Though why one would need to name that card is a mystery to me.

Regards,

T

Cooker
08-02-2005, 01:50 PM
I have heard that reference in relation to dominated hands. If you have A9 vs AK all-in preflop, and see a 9 in the window, you get real happy until the dealer spreads them out and the flop has a K also.