PDA

View Full Version : Well that was fun....

08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Variance or not my stab at the $22s sucked and moving back down to the 11s. Ive dropped my predetermined amount of buyins in <50 games. I learned quickly that these guys call with the same sh!t as the 11ers, what I wasnt expecting is that they call with worse! This type of play deferred me from my junk pushes from the button because I couldnt get these guys to fold. I have become weak tight and lost my confidence in my game. Ill be posting an enire HH tonight so you guys can berate my donkishness. To all you $22ers, its been real, its been fun...unfortunatly it hasnt been real fun.

-end rant

hogua
08-01-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I learned quickly that these guys call with the same sh!t as the 11ers, what I wasnt expecting is that they call with worse!
-end rant

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this is bad how?

HighestCard
08-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm going through the EXACTLY same thing...

Weak-tightness abounds in my game now, afraid to push kq suited on the bubble folded to me in the sb when im short stacked because the last two times the guy had aces.

I need to change that soon.

Good luck back at the 11's, I hope we can make a comeback streak...

kyro
08-01-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I learned quickly that these guys call with the same sh!t as the 11ers, what I wasnt expecting is that they call with worse!
-end rant

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this is bad how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I read a post like this I smile. I CAN'T BEAT BAD PLAYERS!!!!

bummer

08-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Ive stopped pushing w/97o because (i believed)the chances were too great that he would call w/Jx and Qx. So the blinds demolish my stack while I wait for a legitimate hand to push.

"I have become weak-tight and lost confidence in my game"

kyro
08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
So are the big stacks ONLY calling you then? Certainly this should work to your advantage if they are calling with crap, no?

11t
08-01-2005, 08:28 PM
You can tell nothing from 50 tournaments.

08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-end rant

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this is bad how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I read a post like this I smile. I CAN'T BEAT BAD PLAYERS!!!!

bummer

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that I cant beat them, its that I feel Im one of them. I see 66 utg, 5handed, I think of pushing but remember seeing these guys call EP raises with QJ, so I fold telling myself I dont want a coinflip here. I think we all had even stacks. This may have been the right play, but its the thought process that counts. Im aware that this is variance and half the times Ive busted ive been a favorite, and Ill be back when/if my bankroll gets back to where it was.

I just needed to vent alittle /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tigerite
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going through the EXACTLY same thing...

Weak-tightness abounds in my game now, afraid to push kq suited on the bubble folded to me in the sb when im short stacked because the last two times the guy had aces.

I need to change that soon.

Good luck back at the 11's, I hope we can make a comeback streak...

[/ QUOTE ]

They do fold, when faced with decisions for all their stack and there's a small stack around. Most times. Or when you push from SB with 2400, and BB has 2700, with a short stack around, and you have KQ. Most times. I really don't see much calling with crap on the bubble, sometimes, but not as often as some posters make out /images/graemlins/confused.gif