PDA

View Full Version : Competitive RPS

PoBoy321
08-01-2005, 08:04 PM
My friends and I have recently been getting into competitive Rock-Paper-Scissors tournaments. I've found that opening with Fist Full of Dollars and switching to the Crescendo is a great way to throw your opponents off their game.

Find out more here. (http://www.worldrps.com/)

dtbog
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I have recently been getting into competitive Rock-Paper-Scissors tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love RPS.

EDIT: we call it 'Roshambo', though. Sort of like the South Park episode.

2+2 wannabe
08-01-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PAPER DOLLS

paper-scissors-scissors

The complexity of this series is belied by its apparent simplicity

[/ QUOTE ]

this is absurd - and hilarious /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KingDan
08-01-2005, 09:19 PM
"Where did you learn to play like that!? Not from me, I don’t teach people to lose!" (Useful also as a reminder of how good you are as a coach)

"Keep the crappy children around in order to boost the
confidence of your mid-range players."

Eurotrash
08-01-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I have recently been getting into competitive Rock-Paper-Scissors tournaments. I've found that opening with Fist Full of Dollars and switching to the Crescendo is a great way to throw your opponents off their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer the Bureaucrat as my gambit of choice.

Aces McGee
08-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Check out the bulletin boards. They aren't as funny as they used to be (several years ago, when the site was a lot more basic), but there should still be some good stuff on there -- although I haven't been in a while.

If you are adept at searching, I know the old bulletin boards were up somewhere. Search for anything about the "Hagi Naktrah" -- some pretty funny stuff. They may have some stuff on the new boards about it as well.

-McGee

Rev. Good Will
08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer the Bureaucrat as my gambit of choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

sissor sandwich, all the way

drewjustdrew
08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
I looked at this site a few years ago. My favorite part is the FAQ. Check out how they determine where the world championship is held.

manpower
08-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Good old rock, nothing beats that
/bart

CourtesyFlush
08-02-2005, 12:06 AM
I love playing RPS with people who never do the same move twice. It's impossible to lose and they have no idea how you do it.

DMBFan23
08-02-2005, 02:29 AM
you cant even throw fire or piss. what kind of RPS is this crap?

shant
08-02-2005, 03:09 AM
You and your friends need this this shirt (http://www.punogre.com/images/rock_sale.gif) I made.

Blarg
08-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Poor Bart. Always picks rock.
/Lisa

ChipWrecked
08-02-2005, 04:05 AM
If you check out the old Tiltboys stuff, they were big RPS fans.

Freakin
08-02-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
25. When in a RPS match against a perceived psychic what is the best strategy to adhere to.
Submitted by Stanley Key

This is rarely encountered, but should you find yourself in this situation, we would recommend that you practice your throws while thinking of the name of another throw. Instead of thinking of it by its rightful name think of it by the throw that beats it. Therefore, throw scissors- think rock, throw rock - think paper, etc. This results in the psychic "hearing" your intention to play a certain throw, they will react and throw the throw that beats it, all the while you are actually throwing the throw that beats your opponent's. Practice it enough and it will become second nature.

One caveat, this effect may become permanent and affect your playing style professionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

dtbog
08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check out the old Tiltboys stuff, they were big RPS fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love all of their stuff. So well done.