PDA

View Full Version : 2 50NL hands

gol4pro
08-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Game is 50$ NL at pacific. .25/.50 blinds. Villian here from what I can see is loose and stupid. Sees most flops.

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif on button. Villian has about 40$, hero has him covered.

Villian limps UTG, hero raises to 3$, villian calls.

Flop J /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
-- Villian checks, hero pots it (7$), villian calls

Villian has about 30 left now
Turn T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot 21$)
-- Villian checks, hero...?

Hand 2: Same game, but this guy just sat down, and no read.

Hero has Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in CO. Hero raises to 2.5$, SB min. raises to 4.5$, hero calls

Flop T /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot 9)
-- Villian bets 5$, hero calls

Turn 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 19)
-- Villian bets 5.5$, hero raises to 17, villian calls

River 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
-- Villian checks, hero checks UI

Hand #1-- Should I really be worrried about the 8 and take a free card? It seems like I have no good options here. Plus JT, J9, J7, T7, etc are all well within his range of possible holdings. Checking also seems like a disaster though.

Hand #2-- 3 bet preflop and fold to a push? His bet on the flop make me think he had black K's, or Black Aces. I also thought he might have A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gifor so, and didn't want me to raise him. I waited until the turn to raise just in case he was drawing. I didn't want to commit a ton of money here.

Any better lines for hand 2? Any good lines for hand 1?

trevor
08-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Hand 1
There are so many hands UTG could have here based on your read. Q10, KJ, A8, etc. Based on your read of UTG what is the most likely scenario if you check behind on the turn and the river blanks? Spade? If he is leading into you on the river regardless I bet $15 on the turn and check behind on the river. If he calls the turn and leads the river I think it's a fold.

Hand 2
I don't know what to make of the min-raise. Either he's a Donk or has AA/KK. Why do I see people do this w/ 88? I like the turn raise. FWIW I think you make it like $26 and not $17 on the turn. He's getting over 3:1 after your raise on the turn. What about J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif in this spot? When he flat calls the turn you can rule out made flush. A set is unlikey as it probably would have played it faster, esp on the turn. I'm curious as to why on the FLOP you think he has black AA or KK.......the turn suggests this more.

stu-unger
08-01-2005, 08:58 PM
hand 1: check through the turn and call reasonable river bet. maybe fold if it completes the flush. if he checks to u again i value bet the river with no flush.

hand 2: call turn bet and call reasonable river bet. this seems like a way ahead way behind to me and i dont think your raise achieves much.

the reason i say check them both through is u have hands u want to get to showdown and u may iduce bluffs by checking.

gol4pro
08-02-2005, 12:54 AM
In hand 1... why check? I really don't suspect that I'm beat now, but I have an extremely vulnerable hand.

Any arguments as to why a passive line is better in hand 2?

pokerjoker
08-02-2005, 01:32 AM
hand 1. I am going to bet AA all the way here against a known stupid villan. He probably just has a pair.

hand 2. Check, Ah Kx sounds about right for villan.