PDA

View Full Version : whadda you think of this river bet....

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm debating whether this was a smart bet or not - results are irrelevant at this point...but I had the pot odds to call the flop/turn bet -

I figure someone might call and pay me off - but I didn't wanna check and risk not getting paid off UTG -

(note...this is all part of trying to get my tourney game back on track - so I'm asking stupid questions - mostly - my question would REALLY be, how can I extract the max. from the nuts in the 1st to act position on the river)

frowdiggs22: posts small blind 100
whiskeytown: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to whiskeytown [Kc Th]
*** FLOP *** [Qs 5h Jc]
whiskeytown: calls 200
*** TURN *** [Qs 5h Jc] [8s]
whiskeytown: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [Qs 5h Jc 8s] [Ac]
whiskeytown: bets 1000

Iconoclastic
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
The A is a scare card for queens or jacks so I would make a 1/3 pot bet on the River. If he has an Ace or two pair or better he wouldn't hesitate to reraise and that's where you'll get your value reraise in.

A large bet might fold Q or J and might only get a call from a better hand.

nath
08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A large bet might fold Q or J and might only get a call from a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has the nuts.

Um... what are stack sizes, pot size? Those are pretty important details.

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
funny you should mention that....

that's exactly what happened - I bet about half the pot and a guy who caught 2 pair on the river came over the top with another 4K - well at that point he was committed to my reraise -

RB

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 09:11 PM
it was a rebuy tourney...so the stacks were REALLY deep for the blinds - 8-10K for eack of us...and with 1K in the pot, those 200 buck bets were the ideal way to give me pot odds to keep calling with my open ender - I KNOW I played it perfectly to the river - just wanted to be sure my logic was right on the river bet

or should I say it IS a rebuy tourney - we're down to 232 and I'm in 20th (81 pays) - it'd be nice to get a final table - it's been a hell of a long time.

RB