PDA

View Full Version : every time I cook a pizza....

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
I burn the roof of my mouth trying to eat it too quickly after it's out of the oven -

just one more sign that I am actually addicted to addiction - booze, email, pizza, women, poker - no goddamn clue what moderation even means.....

But it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll /images/graemlins/grin.gif

damn....that hurts.... stupid Red Baron 4 Meat Pizza...

RB

siccjay
08-01-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

damn....that hurts.... stupid Red Baron 4 Meat Pizza..

[/ QUOTE ]

These are worth the burn.

DrunkIrish05
08-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey WT, sorry to hijack, but do you use one of these? It'll change your life, i promise.

http://www.basinelectric.com/Miscellaneous/assets/img/Industry/Electrictechnologies/prestopizza.jpg

Lazymeatball
08-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Try using a knife and fork. this way you don't get molten hot sauce explosion in your mouth.

TimM
08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I remember reading some weird article about some guys who studied pizza to determine why it stays so hot. Something about the dough and cheese insulating the hot sauce.

My parents used to own a restaurant that served pizza. The employees used to call me slice, because I'd always be eating one at all times.

I miss pizza. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
seen em - they look great for a dorm room - they any good?

One of those yuppie appliances, but I cook so many pizzas it might be worth it...

RB

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 07:52 PM
actually did this today... ever get a lil piece of skin that comes off the roof of your mouth cuz you tortured it so badly? haha, that's really gross but it happens to me sometimes when i really burn the top of my mouth.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 07:53 PM
oh and the pizazz rules. It makes the best pizzas ever

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
and then if I go drink whiskey, it stings the roof of my mouth...

or anything with some crunchiness to it - chicken strips - whatever -

every time too...that's the thing...EVERY time...LOL

RB

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-01-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
every time too...that's the thing...EVERY time...

[/ QUOTE ]
Has anybody been able to successfully toilet-train you?

astroglide
08-01-2005, 08:02 PM
hey i've literally got an amy's organic spinach and cheese pizza in front of me, and i just burned my mouth on it. crazy.

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:05 PM
why, you trying to overcome that bedwetting thingy again?

RB

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:08 PM
I dunno....I hate to say it, but those Totino 3 meat pizzas are the bomb too...I just like the sausage on those...

I gotta start adding extra toppings - 10 slices of pepproni does not constitute enough pepproni to make a pizza.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
California Pizza Kitchen

'nuff said, and I live in Iowa lol

DrunkIrish05
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
If you cook alot of pizzas they're worth it for a normal kitchen. They're just so damn easy and cook perfectly everytime. Before I got one I used to broil my pizzas in the oven for like 1 minute at the end to get the top to be done without having the crust too cruchy. With the pizzazz, its always good. I actually broke mine last year and immediately bought another online because I couldn't do without it.

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
where can you get one at?

RB

RubberDucky
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
pizzazz pizza maker is essential

DrunkIrish05
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Here (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?adid=1500000000000000877130&cat=4064&d ept=4044&dest=4040&product_id=3218)

But I guess they're out right now

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:42 PM
just as well - I don't shop at walmart - not till they start treating their workers better

I see it's on sale for $45 at Amazon.com - I'll probably grab one from there....thanks

RB

Zygote
08-01-2005, 08:48 PM
i do the same thing all the time. thankfully, your mouth is your fastest healing organ, i think.

touchfaith
08-01-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey WT, sorry to hijack, but do you use one of these? It'll change your life, i promise.

http://www.basinelectric.com/Miscellaneous/assets/img/Industry/Electrictechnologies/prestopizza.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmmm, this thing has Boboli writen all over it...

cbfair
08-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Ok, this is the first time I'm sharing this publically; here is my never-fails kick-ass frozen pizza formula, you all can thank me later.

1. Start with frozen pizza of choice, I prefer Tombstones but others have expressed a preference for Red Baron thats OK too. I seldom use cheap store brand pizzas, quality has a price.

2. Preheat oven as directed

3. While oven is preheating, sprinkle pizza with oregano, crushed red pepper, shredded parmesan cheese and tabasco sauce.

4. Cook pizza as directed until cheese has melted in center of pizza. Tombstones reach this stage in 10 minutes in my oven - Red Baron takes about 17, iirc.

5. Put oven on broil for a couple of minutes until all cheese is nice and toasty brown, this step is critical. Be patient and allow the cheese to really brown-up good but stay nearby so the top doesn't get charred. This phase is generally 2-4 minutes.

6. Remove from oven and place on a tray that is larger than the pizza (I have a nice round board with a handle that a roommate scored from pizza hut when he worked there years ago).

7. Cut the pizza into squares (3 1/2 - 4 inches).

8. Once the pizza is cut, spread the pieces out on the board/tray leaving about an inch between the pieces. This will allow the pieces to cool very rapidly allowing for immediate enjoyment.

Note: the square cut is very important for a few reasons, here are two: first, by maximizing surface area, the pieces cool very rapidly thus adressing OPs cunundrum. Second, many square pieces are just better than 6-8 pie-shaped ones as they make the pizza last longer whether its a meal for one or a late night gorge for 4 drunks.

MrTrik
08-02-2005, 09:18 AM
I miss morpheus seeing this thread and going on how he's having trouble eating his third large Papa John's pizza within the hour. I suppose he had a coronary by now. Sad indeed.

WackityWhiz
08-02-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I miss morpheus seeing this thread and going on how he's having trouble eating his third large Papa John's pizza within the hour. I suppose he had a coronary by now. Sad indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD