PDA

View Full Version : Weed Brownies

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Alright, my girl has been very clear that she doesn't want me smoking weed. She is the type of person who will never ever ever ever smoke it either. She thinks that I've done it two or three times in my life, when in reality, I've done it many more. I've been thinking of ways to get her to not care so much about it and here is what I've came up with.

I mentioned to her the idea of weed brownies. She actually didn't flip when I told her that I wanted to try them. I told her that it would be cool if she tried them with me. She didn't say no, but she didn't really say yes. I think if I made them, she would do it. However, I don't know much about weed brownies so that's why I'm posting this...

tbach24
08-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I've had them once. They were wicked tasty, but I was already high so I dunno. My friend got sold weed that was actually post-extraction once (they have to extract the THC for the weed I guess).

Joshssj4
08-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Eating pot is alot stronger than actually smoking it. Well, if you eat enough. If it is her first time I would suggest smoking and if that is not an option then let her have a brownie. However, some people react badly to weed and get paranoid and so on, weed brownies are bad for this as they last much longer and create a more powerful high. I strongly suggest convincing her to smoke first then treating her to weed brownies.
If you haven't personally tried it yet you really should, they're delicious and powerful!

mason55
08-01-2005, 07:27 PM
If by "better than smoking" you mean "get you WAY more F'ed up" then they are better than smoking. You can make them as weak or strong as you want, but it's very easy to go way overboard. Just be careful if it's her first time.

But maybe instead of convincing her to try weed brownies you should convince her to give you your balls back?

2+2 wannabe
08-01-2005, 07:32 PM
when my dad was like 17 he made the family weed brownies - which his mom (my grandma) devoured and enjoyed 2 straight hours of laying under the table just looking at the underside of it - man did my dad have balls

dtbog
You left off the "different from smoking" choice.

As mason said, they get you much more [censored] up. I wouldn't say "better", though... sometimes I'd like a mild, chill high. If I'm in the mood to forget that I have a brain (which, granted, isn't very often), brownies are the way to go.

dtbog
[ QUOTE ]
But maybe instead of convincing her to try weed brownies you should convince her to give you your balls back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim
Safe? Absolutely. A good idea to eat them with someone who's never been high before and clearly has a stick up her ass? Absolutely not.

You get much higher for much longer from strong brownies than from smoking pot.

If you want her to not care about the weed anymore, start shooting smack. In a couple of weeks she won't give a [censored] about the pot.

dtbog
08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend got sold weed that was actually post-extraction once (they have to extract the THC for the weed I guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

??? I don't know what you mean.

To be a dork for a second, THC is a nonpolar organic compound that is soluble in butter/oil but not nearly as soluble in water. When you make weed brownies, you cook the pot in butter or oil to 'extract' the THC out of the marijuana and into the butter... so you can actually filter the weed pieces out of the butter after they've simmered for awhile and you'll still achieve the desired effect.

You couldn't sell this, though -- it's been cooked in a frying pan. No one would buy that [censored].

Joshssj4
08-01-2005, 07:38 PM
So you got weed that has the thc extracted?
Or the extracted thc without the weed?
Either way sounds like poo.

mason55
08-01-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You couldn't sell this, though -- it's been cooked in a frying pan. No one would buy that [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known a few dealers who would save their shake, make a bunch of butter, then sell the butter to their best clients who were, of course, always too high to make their own. Everyone wins.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided how I was going to play this out a month ago. My first option was to ask her if it would be a big deal if I smoked every now and then. I really stressed that it wouldn't effect the relationship at all, it would just be something that I did.

My second option was to get her to try a brownie and feel what being high feels like.

Third option... either one of these is will do if it comes to this option...
a) Stop smoking
b) Tell her that I'm going to smoke every now and then and it's just something she's going to have to accept. Really stress again that if it effects the relationship at all, I'll stop.

tbach24
08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
It's just what my friend said and we were in 7th grade at teh time. He's also not very smart and a pathelogical liar so I dunno.

Now here's a question: if you eat weed brownies do you get munchies or are you already full.

dtbog
08-01-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

b) Tell her that I'm going to smoke every now and then and it's just something she's going to have to accept. Really stress again that if it effects the relationship at all, I'll stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, if it comes to that, choose the girl over the pot.

My question though is why she would make you stop smoking? Does she not respect you when you do it? Does she think less of you? Is she concerned for your health?

Presumably there are moments/nights when you're not together. What does she think if you smoke when you're out with your buddies, or something?

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 07:49 PM
She doesn't know that i've been smoking quite frequently the past 2 months. That's why I'm ready to put this all on the table cuz I'm sick of lying.

Victor
08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you eat weed brownies do you get munchies or are you already full.

[/ QUOTE ]

you def get munchies.

mason55
08-01-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's QUITE that easy. I mean yeah, it sounds bad to say "oh I dumped this girl I like a lot cause I like weed even more." but this could very easily be a sign of deeper problems. unless I thought I would end up marrying a girl this would be a HUGE red flag for me. now, if she said "oh i dont' want to be around you when you're high cause you act different" that's one thing, but I would have trouble staying with a girl who said "you can never ever smoke weed." in fact, i have broken up with girls for very similar reasons.

dtbog
08-01-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She doesn't know that i've been smoking quite frequently the past 2 months. That's why I'm ready to put this all on the table cuz I'm sick of lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't answer why she actually cares whether or not you smoke, though.

ethan
08-01-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If by "better than smoking" you mean "get you WAY more F'ed up" then they are better than smoking. You can make them as weak or strong as you want, but it's very easy to go way overboard. Just be careful if it's her first time.

[/ QUOTE ]
This all sounds about right.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's QUITE that easy. I mean yeah, it sounds bad to say "oh I dumped this girl I like a lot cause I like weed even more." but this could very easily be a sign of deeper problems. unless I thought I would end up marrying a girl this would be a HUGE red flag for me. now, if she said "oh i dont' want to be around you when you're high cause you act different" that's one thing, but I would have trouble staying with a girl who said "you can never ever smoke weed." in fact, i have broken up with girls for very similar reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

August 28th marks 4 years for the relationship... I think that if [censored] hits the fan, she will cave. I was her first boyfriend, first lover, first everything. She will cave, I'm just trying to do this in a subtle way with the weed brownies.

80% sure that she'll give in if option 3 has to be used.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't answer why she actually cares whether or not you smoke, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

we had a lil convo about this a month ago. I brought up the topic of me 'trying' weed again (even tho I had been smoking it about twice a week for the past month). She told me that she always told herself that she wouldn't date anybody who did drugs. I responded with 'it won't effect us AT ALL, I promise'. She still didn't want me to do it.

dtbog
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She told me that she always told herself that she wouldn't date anybody who did drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrrrr... looks like one of those PSAs worked. Sorry buddy.

Good luck with this, I hope you can come to a happy medium where she lets you smoke every so often if you want and she feels comfortable enough with it.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:14 PM
thx man, i'm sure this will all pan out within the next month. I can see it now...

Hopefully she does something like this...
Aug 28th, Happy Anniversary baby, I made you this fat ass joint as a present. ENJOY!

dtbog
08-01-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully she does something like this...
Aug 28th, Happy Anniversary baby, I made you this fat ass joint as a present. ENJOY!

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.drugs-plaza.com/pictures/funny/big%20weed_th.jpg

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:18 PM
my mouth is dry just thinking about that

08-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Yes I have had them.

Yes they are much better than smoking, obviously. You can't get lung damage from eating marijuana in a brownie. All that happens is you lose a few memory cells, which come back later on.

Have you thought about using a vaporizer?

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Alright, now that we have the g/f thing settled (or at least a good gameplan) now I'd like to know some more about these sweet brownies.

I've been looking online and it says about a quarter for a box of brownies. Do you think that's about right? Should I just eat one?

I'm really looking forward to trying these bad boys, just have to find a good time to make them. I read that it stinks up the place pretty bad.

mason55
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, now that we have the g/f thing settled (or at least a good gameplan) now I'd like to know some more about these sweet brownies.

I've been looking online and it says about a quarter for a box of brownies. Do you think that's about right? Should I just eat one?

I'm really looking forward to trying these bad boys, just have to find a good time to make them. I read that it stinks up the place pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously depends on how good your pot is, but think about it this way: How much would you normally smoke in a night (just you by yourself)? So say you have 6 people who would smoke an eighth in a night who all want to eat brownies. Put an eighth in and split the batch 6 ways. You'll end up way higher than usual.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had actually never heard about them up until a few days ago when my friend brought it up. He showed me some on ebay that run from 120-140. Does that price seem standard? I'd definately think about getting one.

Quick question... i'm moving in with 2 people who will not tolerate weed (ugh i'm surrounded by tightasses). They will be out of the apartment most days from 1pm to 5:30pm or so. Would I be able to use it in the apartment and get the smell out before they get back?

I've heard that vaporizer's don't give off smoke, does that mean that the smell would be far less too?

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Obviously depends on how good your pot is, but think about it this way: How much would you normally smoke in a night (just you by yourself)? So say you have 6 people who would smoke an eighth in a night who all want to eat brownies. Put an eighth in and split the batch 6 ways. You'll end up way higher than usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read online that you shouldn't use good weed on brownies, they said it was a waste... true or false?

mason55
08-01-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I read online that you shouldn't use good weed on brownies, they said it was a waste... true or false?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better weed WILL get you hiher, just like smoking. The only thing is you waste the taste of really good weed. Depends how important that is to you.

08-01-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I had actually never heard about them up until a few days ago when my friend brought it up. He showed me some on ebay that run from 120-140. Does that price seem standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. I bought mine a few years ago for 70. All I know is that breathing in the vapor that the machine generates is much better because it's not burning the carcinogens? I think that's the word. Anyway using the vaporizer is much better for you and you don't get as high as you would by eating the brownie. I would introduce your girlfriend to the vaporizer.

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question... i'm moving in with 2 people who will not tolerate weed (ugh i'm surrounded by tightasses). They will be out of the apartment most days from 1pm to 5:30pm or so. Would I be able to use it in the apartment and get the smell out before they get back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glade will do the job just fine. It's nowhere close to the smell that comes from smoking it because you aren't really burning anything, you're vaporizing.

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that vaporizer's don't give off smoke, does that mean that the smell would be far less too?

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better weed WILL get you hiher, just like smoking. The only thing is you waste the taste of really good weed. Depends how important that is to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so expensive here... 60 for an eighth of bc

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would introduce your girlfriend to the vaporizer.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely genius

08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous. 15 here.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

15 bucks... jesus christ, if it were 15 here, I'd probably be in trouble lol. I have an addictive personality and I think if it were that cheap, and presumably easy to come by, I would be a total stoner.

08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

15 bucks... jesus christ, if it were 15 here, I'd probably be in trouble lol. I have an addictive personality and I think if it were that cheap, and presumably easy to come by, I would be a total stoner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I also know people who are.... manufacturers, so I can get it for free about half the time. Usually not more than an ounce or two though.

eastbay
08-01-2005, 08:49 PM
BAD IDEA.

Eating is way different from smoking. The biggest difference is that it lasts a LONG TIME. 24 hours is not uncommon, and you may not feel totally back to yourself for another day or so.

It also totally zonks you out more. Most people just get totally lethargic and end up sleeping for 12 hours.

The other problem is that if you eat too much, it can end up being nearly hallucinogenic, and this can freak out a first timer, especially if they don't feel comfortable with the idea in the first place.

eastbay

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually not more than an ounce or two though.

[/ QUOTE ]

sick man, just sick

I'm definately jealous

Luv2DriveTT
08-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I nearly OD'ed once by eating very potent brownies. Its better to smoke for the first time, too dangerous to eat without experiance.

PS: I don't take any drugs at all anymore, this is all past experiance talking.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

08-01-2005, 08:55 PM
It's impossible to OD on weed. What is nearly OD'ing?

eastbay
08-01-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would introduce your girlfriend to the vaporizer.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely genius

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, forget it. She's going to dump you or you're going to stop doing pot. It's as simple as that.

eastbay

eastbay
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you'd died.

eastbay

08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you'd died.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had that experience and I've eaten like 6 brownies before.

dtbog
08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
24 hours is not uncommon

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what kind of brownies did you eat!?

PITTM
08-01-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you'd died.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

you would literally have to inject yourself with thc.

rj

Luv2DriveTT
08-01-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my breathing slowed down signifigantly. But I also ate a megafuckload of brownies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

eastbay
08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you'd died.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull. I've seen sensitive people get totally flipped out with anxiety. I've also seen people get muscle spasms they said were incredibly painful and lasted for hours.

eastbay

08-01-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you'd died.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull. I've seen sensitive people get totally flipped out with anxiety. I've also seen people get muscle spasms they said were incredibly painful and lasted for hours.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

How many brownies did they eat? I'll usually eat 2 or 3 and 3 is enough for me to fly.

mason55
08-01-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wishing you'd died.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect. there were a couple times when i still did it that i wished i was dead... after like 3 hours of being way way way way way too high. i'm sure you've experienced if you ever have drank too much, it's just a different type of misery.

SamIAm
08-02-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I strongly suggest convincing her to smoke first then treating her to weed brownies.

[/ QUOTE ]If she's never smoked anything in her life, the actual act of smoking might be unpleasant. Hot smoke in her throat and lungs, and all that.

If you're _going_ to insist on smoking, at least get a nice bong that can significantly cool the smoke. She'll still cough plenty.
-Sam

tdp
08-02-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Now here's a question: if you eat weed brownies do you get munchies or are you already full.

[/ QUOTE ]
This can be a problem.you get a wicked case of the munchies and of course the tastiest thing around is the brownies.I've lost days at a time to this viscious cycle.

tdp
08-02-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FALSE.Definately use decent weed and slowly simmer in butter for a while to extract the most THC.

AEKDBet
08-02-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

FALSE.Definately use decent weed and slowly simmer in butter for a while to extract the most THC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep this is correct. Let it simmer on the lowest possible heat setting your stove has for ~30-45 mins. Then follow the brownie recipie.

Also advised put the weed through a coffee grinder so it becomes like green sawdust. More surface area = more THC.

ChipWrecked
08-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Your grandma is cool, maybe you should have her talk with the gf and maybe give her a bitch-slapping.

jk

(btw, if you're 'hiding' the fact that you've been smoking, remember that non-smokers can hear the cottonmouth popping when you talk)

Schneids
08-02-2005, 07:19 AM
My first time was in a brownie and it didn't kill me.

the 9
08-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Lots of people I know eat because they don't like to smoke and/or drink alcohol.
We always use hash in the brownies/flapjacks/ice cream/whatever because it's much cheaper than weed in the UK and people see it as a waste if you cook skunk, you may as well use hash and you get almost the same effect.

Also, IMO I wouldn't make it strong for a first timer, break down the barrier by not making her puke /images/graemlins/grin.gif and she might let you smoke again

Edit: hash also tastes much better and goes well with chocolate chips mmmm

jakethebake
08-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Why is she against you smoking it but not eating it? This makes no sense. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

WackityWhiz
08-02-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is she against you smoking it but not eating it? This makes no sense. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz she doesn't like smokers? I honestly have no idea man... I hate drama. I was talking to a friend about this and he agrees with me that if I limit myself and don't let it [censored] up my life, then this shouldn't be a problem. Definately not something that should hinder a relationship IMO

08-02-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, maybe because smoking it is bad for you? Eating it or vaprozing it has no long term health effects, but smoking can give you lung cancer, etc.

jakethebake
08-02-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, maybe because smoking it is bad for you? Eating it or vaprozing it has no long term health effects, but smoking can give you lung cancer, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard it argued both ways as to whether smoking mj can cause cancer. I haven't done the research to know for sure. However, he's not smoking a pack of joints a day so i'm guessing this isn't an issue.

08-02-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard it argued both ways as to whether smoking mj can cause cancer. I haven't done the research to know for sure. However, he's not smoking a pack of joints a day so i'm guessing this isn't an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking anything can give you cancer. It's not the MJ that does it, it's the act of burning and smoking it.

Vaporizing or eating it cannot give you cancer.