PDA

View Full Version : Oasis

LoaferGee12
08-01-2005, 06:57 PM
So I haven't listened to much of this band but I really enjoy their 2 hits Champagne Supernova and Wonderwall. I was wondering if they have any decent albums out there worth buying or if they are just a 2-hit wonder type band. Input, anyone?

Yeti
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Heheh. This post made me laugh.

Claunchy
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I still can't decide whether to give a legitimate answer or simply say something smart-assed.

1800GAMBLER
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Ha, me too.

Yeti
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
So I haven't listened to much of this band but I really enjoy their 2 hits Take It Easy and Hotel California. I was wondering if they have any decent albums out there worth buying or if they are just a 2-hit wonder type band. Input, anyone?

tbach24
08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry to spoil everyone else's fun by giving a legit answer, but their other amazing song is "Don't look back in anger"

They have a bunch more of good songs, but the 2 you mentioned and that one are their best.

Edit- they are very, very famous and I'm surprised people don't know of them, although admittedly until this June I wouldn't have been able to identify a Radiohead song

TheMainEvent
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit- they are very, very famous and I'm surprised people don't know of them, although admittedly until this June I wouldn't have been able to identify a Radiohead song

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO Radiohead is more famous than Oasis

tbach24
08-01-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably and I like them better, but to not have heard of either one is odd

RunDownHouse
08-01-2005, 07:08 PM
http://www.600.org/movie_stars/pictures/will_ferrell.jpg
"Oasis is the greatest band ever."

Lazymeatball
08-01-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At their peak Oasis was much more famous then Radiohead has ever been at any one time. However Radiohead's career has probably garnered much more attention among semi-selfrespecting music fans. I think Oasis is currently touring again.

trying2learn
08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
So I haven't listened to much of this band but I really enjoy their 2 hits I Wanna Hold your Hand and Yesterday. I was wondering if they have any decent albums out there worth buying or if they are just a 2-hit wonder type band. Input, anyone?

RacersEdge
08-01-2005, 07:20 PM
I think they come off a little pretentious.

trying2learn
08-01-2005, 07:28 PM
i think it's funny that there was a, "Jesus" thread posted here in OOT, mocking this one - and it was moved to the Science, Philosophy board.

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
The first two albums (Definately Maybe and What's the Story, Morning Glory) are awesome - so was their 4th one - called Standing on the Shoulders of Giants...

Masterplan was awesome too - it's B-sides from the first two albums, and a lot of Noel's B-sides are better then most bands hits...

been in a bad slump lately though - Noel was the key to that band - incredible [censored] songwriter... but now the whole band is sharing in responsiblities.

definately check out those four

RB

LoaferGee12
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first two albums (Definately Maybe and What's the Story, Morning Glory) are awesome - so was their 4th one - called Standing on the Shoulders of Giants...

Masterplan was awesome too - it's B-sides from the first two albums, and a lot of Noel's B-sides are better then most bands hits...

been in a bad slump lately though - Noel was the key to that band - incredible [censored] songwriter... but now the whole band is sharing in responsiblities.

definately check out those four

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'm pretty young which I guess explains my complete ignorance on this band.

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 08:44 PM
first album was in '93, I think, so yah...no hits since the mid 90's really, though they had that Beta Band rip off in '99 from SOTSOG -

and you wouldn't know it from here, but in England they were almost as big as the Beatles there for awhile.

The two songs you like are on the 2nd album - What's the Story, Morning Glory, BTW -

RB

captZEEbo1
08-02-2005, 12:29 AM
morning glory and masterplan are their best albums imo.

daveymck
08-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Not my cup of tea but their new album is getting good reviews and over here they are playing some pretty big gigs in between the brothers fighting etc.

Over here they have always been bigger and better known than radiohead and I suspect have sold many more records.