PDA

View Full Version : steal [censored]

mmmmmbrother
08-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

button is weak tight, sb hasnt played a hand in the 39 ive seen, bb is an average pp'er.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises, Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

shant
08-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I like it all except the flop checkraise HU.

SmileyEH
08-01-2005, 06:46 PM
flop checkraise is pointless.

-smileyEH

Paxosmotic
08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I like it, but does anyone like calling the flop and popping the turn? The problem is, the steal is so predictable. I'll raise preflop, you 3-bet, I'll call. We'll see a flop, I'll check to you and you'll bet, I'll checkraise, you'll call, then we'll go to war on the turn. Do you think a stop-n-go might be slightly better?

I'm referring to ANY turn, not just the flush completing turn we have here.

clownshoes
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
If the BB hadnt folded then the checkraise would still be of some use. After he folds I just call. Everything else looks good though.

shant
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Misread your post. I like flowers.

callmedonnie
08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
I like this. The fear is that when we do this play when we hit, it suddenly cools off, though we're good for another bet. When we don't hit, he may come back over us, which would suck given the equity we've lost.

baronzeus
08-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Perfect.

Paxosmotic
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Misread your post. I like flowers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too, but I still couldn't 3-bet a blank turn. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SmileyEH
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Checkraising this flop is completely worthless. I can't think of any 3betting hand that will ever lay this down at any point. All it will do is shut JJ or KK down, where they would have bet and called turn checkraises. No one is weaktight enough to fold a pair on this board. In addition, you're going to be facing a 3bet a good percentage of the time as well as at lest a 1.5-1 dog, and often worse.

-SmileyEH

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Anything but check-calling this flop is bad, in my opinion. Check-raising the flop is odd. In order for that play to attain its maximum value you will need to follow through with a turn bet in order to realize the full fold equity. And that means possibly putting in way too much money in on the turn.

The danger in this hand is that you end up blowing a lot of money on worthless semi-bluffs. Just because you have a hand that contains a draw doesn't mean it will be a profitable semi-bluffing hand.

oreogod
08-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Im check-calling on the flop. Now, say you, for whatever reason, wanted to throw a few bets in on the flop...then take the line of bet/call on the flop, bet/3-bet on the turn. (I dont advocate the bet/call on the flop here, but only point it out as a better alternative than a check-raise, which is not good...bet/call is still an bleh line to take, but in the times u dont care about bad timing and still want to be aggressive it will save u from getting threebet.). Either way, no one is folding the flop.

SO best flop line, check/call. Feisty flop line: bet/call. Getting threebet on the flop check-raise would suck. Besides the flop, I like it.

Harv72b
08-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I like the flop c/r. Especially against this opponent.

Button is weak/tight per the read. Meaning he probably would be capable of laying down TT or JJ after being check/raised on this flop. Hero's representation of the A is also very believable after he open-raised, even from the CO. "Any ace" is a very common PFR in that situation. Besides which, the c/r goes a long way towards disguising Hero's draw, as you can see by the turn action when Hero actually did hit.

Those saying that a flop c/r will "only" shut down KK or a similar hand are forgetting that just because Hero flopped a 4-flush, that does not mean he's going to hit it every time and lose bets from a KK because of the c/r. If he can get a weak/tight opponent to lay down an underpair and drag the pot without hitting, that's a very good thing.