PDA

View Full Version : weak ace...

krishanleong
08-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

How am I doing so far. Is any river plan other than check call crazy? Villian was a 18-22ish PFR.

Krishan

Guy McSucker
08-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Why did you bet the flop?

Guy.

krishanleong
08-01-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the flop?

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure. But I also don't want to taint replies yet.

Krishan

JrJordan
08-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Looks ok to me. I don't like a flop c/r because an aggro opponent like this will 3-bet with overs or a draw too often to give us any information. If you need to get an extra SB in, then the donk bet's the way to go. I'd probably be content just checking it down, but I like your flop bet better.

Addition: My thoughts on the flop bet. Personally, I like it. Villain is autoraising this flop with any 2, and at this point I feel there's a good chance we are ahead, and may have him reverse dominated. I think it's worthwhile to get at least one more SB in the pot here before going into check/call mode.

Last addition: Didn't notice SB was still in the hand on the flop. I like the donk bet even better here to force him with 2SB.

marand
08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Betting the flop is fine if Button will autoraise the flop with overcards. It most likely folds out SB unless he has a fair hand or a good draw.

I would check/call UI on most river cards, but if a Q or K falls on the river I fold.

mperich
08-01-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the flop is fine if Button will autoraise the flop with overcards. It most likely folds out SB unless he has a fair hand or a good draw.

I would check/call UI on most river cards, but if a Q or K falls on the river I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surfbullet
08-01-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How am I doing so far. Is any river plan other than check call crazy? Villian was a 18-22ish PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think donking the river is a legitimate option if villain is very aggressive on the flop + turn but likes to take free showdowns - we'll get paid by unpaired big Aces and can fold to a raise.

If he's aggro and bluff-happy enough to raise our river donk with a worse hand, or doesn't give up bluffs on the river then I just check call.

Surf

PokerMike
08-01-2005, 06:32 PM
I love the flop bet. An aggro BB will raise overs here plenty, which is perfect for getting SB to fold overcards/55/66 and a lot of hands with outs you want to fold.

River decision is villian-dependant. Bet-fold is the strongest line unless this guy is capable of bluff raising anywhere near close to the correct amount. Check-call vs silly players who love to bluff river(even with A hi). Bet-fold vs goodplayer, check-call vs bad player.

edit : reading the other responses i see i haven't added anything that hasn't already been said.