PDA

View Full Version : Bet Pot button

dark_horse
08-01-2005, 05:18 PM
for those of you who play on sites like Full Tilt which gives users the option to bet the pot by way of a button, do you take those pot sized bets less seriously than if someone were to make a pot sized bet by manually typing it in, or doing it in a B&M tourney? i've been having trouble reading these bets from largely unknown players lately, as these pot sized bets have become much more common in SNGs and MTTs.

pearljam
08-01-2005, 05:22 PM
people that use this button are bad players, thats pretty much the only read I get off them.

Ken_AA
08-01-2005, 05:24 PM
If ther eis anyone left to act behind them I usually take it seriously, but if its from the button its a tough call.

Ken

wildzer0
08-01-2005, 05:27 PM
I hate that button. Crappy players on other sites will bet the minimum into a huge pot all the time without it letting me draw super-cheaply. But on sites with the "bet the pot" button, they love to press it and kill my odds.

Ken_AA
08-01-2005, 05:29 PM
maybe you shouldn't be check calling your draws.

Ken

dark_horse
08-01-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate that button. Crappy players on other sites will bet the minimum into a huge pot all the time without it letting me draw super-cheaply. But on sites with the "bet the pot" button, they love to press it and kill my odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. i hate this button.

45suited
08-01-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww... maybe you should be playing limit?