PDA

View Full Version : So how many times did I screw up on this one?

stillbr
08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
First hand. No reads. I played this really bad imo. What line should I have taken? Looking back I think I should have done a stop and go type line. bet/call flop, bet turn. What If I got raised again on the turn?

Given what I did, I need to call this down right?

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold, raise, call, call, sb folds, I called.</font>.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, Original bettor bets, call, call, I call

I gotta lead out here right?

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I donk bet, original raiser raises, everyone folds including me

Final Pot:

sy_or_bust
08-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Your line isn't so terrible. Leading the flop is better because Villain will often protect your hand with a raise when you still have the best of it.

If you lead the flop, Villain raises, and it folds to you, I would rather call and bet/fold the turn than 3-bet the flop OOP.

DMBFan23
08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet/call flop, bet turn. What If I got raised again on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to caveat this by saying I normally stop and go.

but you can bet call the flop and then check call the turn (no one takes free cards I've found so one bet will still go in) or stop and go it. it depends on what will happen if he raises. if by check calling the turn you will get him to bet a worse hand on the river, then that has merit - a stop and go will often cause A high to fold to your turn or river bet. you might make more calling it down. depends on how you play sets, draws, and smaller pocket pairs in this spot.

c/call on the turn is also beneficial if he's prone to raise you somewhat correctly. the downside is that this may be linked with the kind of player who will check behind the turn somewhat correctly too. more opponents will bluff raise though, so if you plan on folding to a turn raise then maybe betting the turn is not best.

I suppose you can just bet it and protect against the auto turn raise by doing bet-call, bet-3-bet with your good hands, but yeah that's not really the focus here.

if he checks behind the turn a lot with his truly terrible misses then I think you need to bet the turn, otherwise against aggressive players letting them bet their [censored] at you is sometimes good. if you do bet (I usually do) then I call the turn if he raises me.

EDIT: yeah I'm assuming you get it HU on the turn. Thanks Jordan

JrJordan
08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Is this really your first hand, or 4-table autopilot without reads? Don't need to answer, I've just noticed an increasing number of "first hand at the table, no reads" posts.

Should definitely donk bet the flop and isolate vs. the PFR when he auto-raises. The turn line is dependent on the number of people who cold call on the flop. If it's HU with you and PFR, I'd just check/call the turn, and then vary my river play with another check/call or donk bet (and usually call a raise). If there's multiple players on the turn, then I like donk betting again. I think folding to a raise is bad here since you have a solid 5 outer getting 9.5:1 here, so I'd call a turn raise and reevaluate on the river UI.