PDA

View Full Version : PP 350K Guaranteed hand

DarrenX
08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Comments on all streets appreciated.

Very early, blinds still 10/15. CO (Read: none, ugh /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) first in with 1200 raises to 50, I haven't played a hand yet and call (T1450) in the sb with KQs, BB folds, two players.

Flop is K74 rainbow. I check, villian bets 125 into 115 pot. I check/raise to 350, villian thinks and calls.

Turn is another 7. I check, villian bets 275 into 815 pot. I push. Comments?

Laomedon
08-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I feel like you played this hand to bust out. After your flop c/r is called you have to wonder whether or not Villain can beat TPGK. Obviously, I've seen KQ hold up on this type of board in this type of situation before. Naturally a push from the Villain after your flop c/r would've been more in line with AK, and maybe his turn underbet was actually a sign of weakness. So, as I'm thinking about this hand again, I'm starting to like your push. I have definitely made similar plays and won the hand right there without a showdown. Ok, nice hand. It's definitely a strange way to play AK by the villain. More likely it's a donkishly played QQ, JJ, or something similar. The problem is, it's hard to know if the turn underbet means he thinks you will go away or he wants you to push. I think Villain folded to your push though.

tipperdog
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
What were you trying to accomplish with your all-in bet? Did you hope to get him off AK? Do you think he would call with a worse hand?

My initial instinct is that this is a classic "no worse hand will call/no better hand will fold" situation, but I'm curious to know more about your thinking. I probably would have called and hoped he'd bet again on the river.

DarrenX
08-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Personally I think I played the hand horribly. After he called my check/raise I thought I was going to lay down until his weak turn bet. Maybe he was giving me rope to hang myself, maybe he was unsure on his hand... I had to find out. He instycalled with KQo and I was happy to get away with a split. Just looking for a better line here, which may very simply be fold KQs oop against an unknown in a small pot! Duh.

locutus2002
08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
It's sad, but I like your play on all streets.

Because this is EARLY in the PARTY 350, I think its more likely for villain to have KQ-K9 than AK. I think its unlikely for villain to give you credit for AK after you didn't raise the flop and c/red both the flop and the turn. (I think AK most likely leads the turn).

Villain is getting 3.6:1 to call the turn push and he probably will: consistent with his fast chip losing style as he has already lost 25% of his chips in the first two orbits. Its probably a fair bet for him, with k9 he has 3 outs to win, 7 outs to tie and 5 outs for the Harrington 10% for a weighted average of ~11 outs, enough to justify not continuing with T525 in the early stages of the game.

I think hero is going broke against AK when he chooses to play the hand so aggressively, and he may aswell double up when he has the best hand.

Jason Strasser
08-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Until you understand that your flop check raise is terrible, dont proceed to any other street.

DemonDeac
08-01-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Until you understand that your flop check raise is terrible, dont proceed to any other street.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do u say that? i think not leading the turn is the mistake here.

kyro
08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do u say that? i think not leading the turn is the mistake here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming because he's building a huge pot without even TPTK.

KingDan
08-01-2005, 07:33 PM
He is saying it is bad because it is way ahead/way behind.

He may keep betting even if you have him beat, and you save chips when you are behind. You don't really have to protect your hand here.

DarrenX
08-02-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/call... yeah, I think that works better here. Thanks all.