PDA

View Full Version : WOW

tbach24
08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
I am attending a new school this fall.

My mom just handed me a bunch of sheets to fill out for the school.

A lot say "Please return this form to the Admissions Office by June 15th" and one of them is for my last teacher to fill out.

What do I do?

hoyaboy1
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Call the new school, tell them what happened, and ask.

Duh.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Punch mom in the face and then fill out those forms and send them in ASAP. I doubt it will matter.

MasterShakes
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
It says "please" return, not "you must...". Um... fill it out.

DCJ311
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Your life is over.

Rent a gun and buy a bullet.

offTopic
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the chili and get it to simmering first, though. The school might put you on hold for a long time.

IronDragon1
Contact the admissions office of your new school ASAP about these forms

Patrick del Poker Grande
OMG THEIR GOIN 2 KICK U OUT OF HI SKUL!!!1eleven

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]

Duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

They all went home for the day (I need some classes changed and I got off the phone with the class-scheduling guy like 15 minutes ago and he was just out the door).

Won't I look immature if I blame it on my mom?

Also, there's one I was supposed to have my last Spanish teacher fill out but I don't know if I can get in contact with her, what should I do about that?

ClassicBob
08-01-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

They all went home for the day (I need some classes changed and I got off the phone with the class-scheduling guy like 15 minutes ago and he was just out the door).

Won't I look immature if I blame it on my mom?

Also, there's one I was supposed to have my last Spanish teacher fill out but I don't know if I can get in contact with her, what should I do about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are immature, so don't worry about it.

Also, for your inevitable reply, even if you are somehow the most mature high schooler ever, you will still be viewed as immature by the teachers/administrators.

MrTrik
08-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I doubt anyone had been turned away for failing to turn in those papers. I bet 20% of people screw it up. Don't worry about it, and work on your attitude, it's school for chrissake, not the military.

whiskeytown
08-01-2005, 03:08 PM
you'll probably be ok - I mean, those are rules, but a bit of flirting can usually get you what you want....

RB

08-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Public schools are almsot always required to accept you regardless of whether you fill their form outs on time or not.

tbach24
08-01-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Public schools are almsot always required to accept you regardless of whether you fill their form outs on time or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a private school that I barely got into to and that I'm pretty much at a one strike and out status with.

08-01-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a private school that I barely got into to and that I'm pretty much at a one strike and out status with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/04/20/columbine_anniversary/story.jpg

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

disjunction
08-01-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You are immature, so don't worry about it.

Also, for your inevitable reply, even if you are somehow the most mature high schooler ever, you will still be viewed as immature by the teachers/administrators.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an epiphany about this a couple of years ago. When I started grad school I had some health care forms to fill out. Of course I sat on them for too long, and then my place got broken into and rummaged, creating a huge mess, and I couldn't find the forms after that. I went into the office and explained the situation, and administrator who I asked probably thought I was younger than I am. She said, "Let me get your story straight, someone broke into your place and stole your form". My reply: "Look, I don't give a ---- if you believe me or not, just tell me what to do from here". Things proceeded quicker after that.

The lesson was to stop trying to explain myself to people who are going to hate me anyway.

bosoxfan
08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are coming from a "special" school I'm sure they will understand.

disjunction
08-01-2005, 03:19 PM
On the Spanish teacher bit, call the old school, or the school district, or anybody who you can reach, and tell them the situation, that you need to reach her or a substitute.

You want to be as transparent about this situation as possible to all parties. You have nothing to hide, you didn't do anything wrong, and there's nothing to be defensive about. You just want to clear up an administrative snafu in a professional manner.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Roll up the papers and stick them in her pooper.

08-01-2005, 03:24 PM
If your goal is to give her an anal infection, then great idea.

MagicMan08
08-01-2005, 03:30 PM
SIIHP would most definitely be -ev.

meep_42
08-01-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Roll up the papers and stick them in her pooper.

[/ QUOTE ]

An anal papercut is not a pleasant thought.

-d

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

this made my sphincter tighten.

ChipWrecked
08-01-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am attending a new school this fall.

A lot say "Please return this form to the Admissions Office by June 15th" and one of them is for my last teacher to fill out.

What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend heading straight to the computer for some forum posting.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're about an hour late with that advice.

Jazza
08-01-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stick it in her pooper

<font color="white"> sorry, had too, first and hopefully last time from me </font>

edit: sh*t, not the first SIIHP, apologies everyone, i'm gonna go crawl under a rock and die

GuyOnTilt
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
1) Call your new school and ask them if it's absolutely necessary. If it's not, don't worry about it; if it is, do something about it.
A) Email your old teacher and ask them if you can send it to them via scan/email and have them forward it to the school office via email.
B) Snail mail it to your old teacher with a pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelope for them to fill out and mail to your new school.
C) Call your old teacher and explain this needs to get done ASAP. Ask what would be best for them.

It's called problem solving. If it has to be done, figure out how to get it done. Things don't always just fall into your lap. Use your brain.

GoT

ChipWrecked
08-01-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap. I usually try to read these treads before posting the obvious.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he came to us. He could have e-mailed his buddies from the retart school for advice.

Dex
08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

this made my sphincter tighten.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me lol.

08-01-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he came to us. He could have e-mailed his buddies from the retart school for advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The word is retard. OMG you're such a MORAN!!!!1111

DasLeben
08-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Man, I had this happen so many times while I was in college, it's not even funny. And hey, lookit me...I gradumetated.

hogua
08-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Yes, you will look immature if you blame you mom, and she will not be portrayed in a good light either.

What you want to do is explain the situation without mentioning/placing/ blame. Just spell out the situation and ask what you can do.

For example,

I was filling out the required paperwork and just noticed that the deadline for submitting one was two weeks ago. I realized this is an important document, so how do you suggest I go about getting it filed?

You explain the situation and ask what your next steps need to be