PDA

View Full Version : Live 9/18 Hand

onegymrat
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Full table, game is great in LA of course. MP player open raises. One poor-playing LP cold-caller and I have 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. With the open-raise by this particular player, I could have just have easily mucked for he isn't a poor player by any means. However, it's more fun to play, so I 3-bet. Pf raiser now caps. LP cold-calls again. I call. Three to the flop.

FLOP: K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Raiser bets. LP calls. I raise. Both just call. Three to the turn.

TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked around.

RIVER: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked around.

I think I missed bets.

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't get it.

You got capped pre-flop by a player you claim is decent. You have a medium pair, the board comes with two overcards, and you raised the flop??? And then you're worried about missing bets???

FWIW, I guess once you don't get reraised on the flop and it's checked to you on the turn, a bet becomes a must. You have a marginal hand that might be good. Checking will simply encourage an opponent to bet into you on the river, and so you can likely see an equally-priced showdown by betting now. You also may fold out some weak draws.

So I fold the flop.

If I get to the turn, I bet the turn.

Overall, I think this hand is a bit of a train wreck.

Michael Davis
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Why are you still in this hand after the flop?

-Michael

BigEndian
08-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Yuck.

Edit: Expounding a bit. First off, if this player is a good player, perhaps good enough to widen their range of raising hands in MP, you should want to play this hand regardless of the caller in between. Secondly, I don't hate the 3-bet, but I prefer a call here with position. Thirdly, why are you in the hand past the flop?

Ok, I stole the third one.

- Jim

onegymrat
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
My horoscope told me that the 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif was coming on the river.

onegymrat
08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Thirdly, why are you in the hand past the flop?

Not sure. He could have opened with an assortment of hands. It's actually been a couple of days and I can't quite remember how he played, other than the fact that he wasn't a bad player. Though I knew I was behind, I just wanted to see a free river. When the river was checked to me, I then knew there was no king out there, so that would leave QQ or TT maybe. That's when I contemplated a bet would have folded a better hand. Apparently, the consensus was to abandon ship early.

onegymrat
08-01-2005, 05:04 PM
MP pf raiser had Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. LP did not show and neither did I.