PDA

View Full Version : Very good LAG or very lucky maniac?

iceman5
08-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I would like your opinion please, on this player based on these hands. She (hint hint) is playing $5/$10 at party and when I left, she was up to $5500 and was talking about winning $7K yesterday. I'll tell you who it is if you like, but im not sure on the etiquette of that .She seemed to have everyone fawning over her. Her play looked very fishy to me, but maybe shes a very good LAG? You be the judge. She has 34.5% VIP and 20% preflop raise%

Hand #1) She open raises to $40 with 9d 5d in EP. Button calls.

Pot is $95. Flop comes Jh 4h Td. She bets $75 and button calls.
Pot is $245. Turn is the Kd. She checks, he bets $220 and she calls.
Pot is $685. River is the Qd. She checks, he bets $500 and she check raises to $1000. He calls and she wins.

The guy had AQ. She raise with junk but i can see it if shes a LAG. She makes continuation bet..OK...Turn brings flush draw and shes getting 2:1 to call plus implied odds, but I wouldve checked behind on that river and she wouldnt have gotten her implied odds. She would only call a bet there with an ace giving you a split or if she happended to hit the backdoor flush, you will wish you wouldnt have bet there. What do you think?

Hand #2) She open raises in EP to $40 with A5. 2 callers.
Pot is $130. The flop comes 532 with 2 spades. She bets $120 and they both call (LP and SB). (SB has $800 and MP $1250 and she has them covered)

Pot is $490. Turn is a J (no flush) She bets $400. MP folds but SB calls leaving him with about $250 or so.

Pot is $1290. River is a Q and she puts him all in. This looks crazy to me. Thoughts? He called and she won. Unreal.

Hand #3) Cutoff (same villian as last hand reloads to $800). He open raises min to $20. Button and our LAGGy friend calls in the BB with 99.

Pot $65. Flop comes 752. LAG checks, villain bets $75. Button folds and LAG check raises to $200. Cutoff villain pushes all in. She calls. OK, this villain is an obvious fish, but are you calling that all in with 99 there? She actually had the best hand and won.

Shes either a damned good hand reading LAG or a lucky fish and I cant decide.

AZK
08-01-2005, 02:30 PM
What was the flop in hand 3, she isn't playing cards in hand 3, she is playing poker, this guy just called her all in and she had a pair of 5s and won. How do you think he feels? I like hand 3.

iceman5
08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was the flop in hand 3, she isn't playing cards in hand 3, she is playing poker, this guy just called her all in and she had a pair of 5s and won. How do you think he feels? I like hand 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the 1st 2 hands. That doesnt look fishy to you?

Sorry..I edited in the flop on hand 3

flawless_victory
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
hands 1 and 3 look standard.
hand 2 she just got really lucky that her opponent is 10x horrible...
and yes, she plays quite well.

AZK
08-01-2005, 02:47 PM
As for hand 3, I think this is an easy call against a tilted player especially if I'm the one that tilted him. You just gotta know.

As for hands 1 and 2:
Hand 1 is standard, I definitely check-raise more on the river if I check raise, but most of the time I lead river. Because you have to hope he has a good enough hand to bet this river.

Hand 2 she got lucky. Whatever.

flawless_victory
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
i also forgot to say that her check minraise in hand 1 sucks badbadbad. i like the CR, but move in!

iceman5
08-01-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i also forgot to say that her check minraise in hand 1 sucks badbadbad. i like the CR, but move in!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that. When the river came, he had $1280. He bets $500. She check raised to $1000. Why not get the other $280?