PDA

View Full Version : HU good push?

TheSalche
08-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Villain and I are about even in chips with me having a slight advantage (t290 on PP $10+1). He has been playing pretty solid and I've been forced to lay down some good hands to his raises.

blinds 100/200
Hero dealt: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif on button and raises to t600, villain calls

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets 1000, Hero pushes, villain calls

my thoughts were the best he had here was a pair, if that is true i have a 15 outer to win

do you push here or do you wait for another hand?

Maulik
08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
pushing here is fine w/ nut draw + overcards+ possible gutshot draw.

crookdimwit
08-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I'd wait.

Your hand still needed help, and clearly he had something -- at least enough to beat ace-high if you didn't improve your hand on the turn or river...

I might have pushed if I was first to act, but he already bet out 1000 after the flop, so you had to put him on something. Seems to me like you were putting in all your money, knowing you were probably behind with two cards to come....

Burno
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
This is an easy all in. You are a 55/45 favorite over hands like 78s or 99, and have a decent amount of folding equity as well.

Folding is bad.

Raiser
08-01-2005, 03:12 PM
This seems like a pretty easy push to me.

Maulik
08-01-2005, 03:35 PM
I might have pushed if I was first to act, but he already bet out 1000 after the flop, so you had to put him on something. Seems to me like you were putting in all your money, knowing you were probably behind with two cards to come....
If I were OOP, I wouldn't go all-in, I would much rather c/r all-in here to make sure my villian gets some of his chips in on a positional raise. In any event, Villian bet, now you can be happy to get all of your chips in the middle.
=\

TheSalche
08-01-2005, 03:50 PM
fair enough ... glad to know that i made the correct decision, sure enough he had 99 and i missed my draws

oh well, better luck next time i suppose