PDA

View Full Version : TD27 - ever run out of cards online?

BruinEric
08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Has anyone EVER run out of cards in an online TD2-7 game? On GamesGrid, players like me who are just trying to learn the game cheaply play on the .25/.5 table.

I could envision a scenario where there are 4+ past the first round of betting, and then those players sticking in while it is checked around for a couple of drawing rounds.

Looking at the numbers, it seems like this must have happened before at one point. What happens? Is there a rule? Or does something funny happen with the software?

MarkGritter
08-01-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone EVER run out of cards in an online TD2-7 game? On GamesGrid, players like me who are just trying to learn the game cheaply play on the .25/.5 table.

I could envision a scenario where there are 4+ past the first round of betting, and then those players sticking in while it is checked around for a couple of drawing rounds.

Looking at the numbers, it seems like this must have happened before at one point. What happens? Is there a rule? Or does something funny happen with the software?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can certainly happen, particularly in loose games. The rule is that the discards are reshuffled and used as the new deck. In RL the way this is supposed to happen is that the dealer deals new cards to, and then takes the discard from, each player in turn. The discards are reshuffled when there is not enough for the next player _before_ taking his discards. This is to ensure that no player gets his discards back. (If there is one card left and the player is drawing two, then the player gets that one card before the reshuffle.)

UltimateBet explains this pretty well on their rules page for TD:

http://www.ultimatebet.com/rules-strategy/triple-draw-27.html

I have seen this occur at UB (you will get a popup window telling you the deck has been reshuffled, which I believe you can disable) but I don't recall seeing it at GG.

The reshuffling has some interesting consequences--- the deck is likely to have more high cards in it (since they don't stick in player's hands) but the advantage you get from having paired discards previously is gone.