PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the Nut Flush (with possible SF)

grayhawk
08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
No reads, only the 5th hand in the first orbit. When I joined, the table was 40% saw flop, average pot about $6.

Poker Rewards .50/1.00 Holdem (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Hero calls, 3 Folds, MP Calls, <font color="red">Button Raises </font>, Blinds fold, Hero calls, MP Calls.

Flop: (7SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>

Hero?

davelin
08-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Bets

deception5
08-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Bets...

Edit: Heh, beat me to it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

benkath1
08-01-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bets...

Edit: Heh, beat me to it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hemstock
08-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Check. I am affraid that the button has the straight flush so I wanna save as much bets as possible.

deception5
08-01-2005, 01:48 PM
In all seriousness:

If you are worried about the straight flush here, you have "Monsters under the bed syndrome". You will be called down here by a lower flush, some flush draws, a straight, a set, 2 pair, top pair, etc. The probability of a 2 hole card straight flush here is so remote that if you capped every street every time this happened you would be a substantial winner. If there were 4 to the flush on the board and a very tight passive player capped the turn and raised the river you could consider slowing down.

If you are worried about folding everyone, don't worry. It will happen occasionally, but sometimes someone else will hit a great hand as well (or have something like pocket aces they can't lay down) and pay you off.

08-01-2005, 01:51 PM
id say check-call and then check-raise or bet the turn if it seems they are eager to put $$$ into the pot.
But, then again. what do i know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cfjr2
08-01-2005, 01:57 PM
str8 flush needs 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifj /images/graemlins/heart.gif
or if villan has TT QQ KK they have 7 outs on turn + 10 outs on the river to pull a full house or quads.
Of course the chances of them having these specific hands and drawing out are...

Raise man raise /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Eeegah
08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Your only real options are betting out and checkraising the button. However the button's probably scared of this board and won't bet, so you're gonna have to do it yourself.

deception5
08-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I don't think check/raising the button would be a good idea here.

Check/calling would be more profitable and possibly keep the other player in the hand.

Still I would bet and hope the button raised.

grayhawk
08-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I was not all that worried about the possible straight flush, but here is what I did:

Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>

Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

I checked/called the flop (thinking the button would bet out since he raised preflop) with every intention of check raising the turn.

River: (9BB) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Hero bets, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, Hero?

Sorry, should have posted it this way the first time.

Aaron W.
08-01-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads, only the 5th hand in the first orbit. When I joined, the table was 40% saw flop, average pot about $6.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Hero calls, 3 Folds, MP Calls, <font color="red">Button Raises </font>, Blinds fold, Hero calls, MP Calls.

Flop: (7SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

With only 3 players, I don't think it matters so much what you do. Bet and hope to get raised or check-call. In a larger field, I definitely bet out.

davelin
08-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Bet

gopnik
08-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I'd bet.

cfjr2
08-01-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif ,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, 3 Folds, MP Calls, Button Raises , Blinds fold, Hero calls, MP Calls.

Flop: (7SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif(3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets, Hero raises, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (9BB) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)It's possible he raised with Jx, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

2) it is possible he has Ax + 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and thinks his flush beats yours since only the J and A beat him and you didn't raise the flop

3) or he doesn't believe you have the flush and is betting AA, KK, QQ, TT, KQ, KT for two pair or trips

4) he bluffs for a pot this big (10BB) on a scary board?

I think you're good 1 in 12 here so call (somewhat weak) you are probably good so often it is worth 3-bet / cap

baronzeus
08-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Cap flop and turn. There's 1 hand that beats you. ONE HAND. If I was ever this sure when I capped I'd be a much richer man /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit: call the river.

xenthebrain
08-01-2005, 03:07 PM
easy bet. Why would you want to c/r someone on your immediate right? You don't, so bet and hope he raises.

SoftcoreRevolt
08-01-2005, 03:37 PM
A check raise is really bad here since it means there is little chance MP will stick around.

grayhawk
08-01-2005, 03:43 PM
As far as betting out on the flop, I was more concerned with getting in an extra big bet on the turn versus an extra small bet. If I bet out and get called, then I am not likely able to get the extra big bet in on the turn. I may have lost MP with a preflop raiser behind him on the flop as well.

Here is the rest of the river action:

River: (9BB) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Hero bets, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3 bets</font>, Button calls.

I am curious to know your opinions on the preflop action. A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif is a hand I would prefer to play with several players UTG, given that I would not be able to raise out a better ace (A9 maybe). I limped hoping for 3-4 callers with no raise. Without a read on Button, I figured he could be raising with a wide variety of possible hands. How are you playing this hand UTG? If an ace comes on the flop (without the flush or flush draw), then I am in a delicate situation.

cfjr2
08-01-2005, 03:57 PM
with A8s UTG and a non coordinated board (3 color no immediate str8 threat) bet. beyond that it depends on the board - you have to determine if you are against 2 pair, A with better kick or a set.
Most times you will be called around. If you bet out on turn you will likely be called around again, if you check the turn you will likely get bet into anyway. River is check call.
But this is very read dependant and tricky...

xenthebrain
08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as betting out on the flop, I was more concerned with getting in an extra big bet on the turn versus an extra small bet. If I bet out and get called, then I am not likely able to get the extra big bet in on the turn. I may have lost MP with a preflop raiser behind him on the flop as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you will get the big bet from MP1 far more often by just betting out instead of pulling a c/r on the turn (which will drive out MP1 in most cases).
Button will frequently check behind here. And often just tried to take down the pot with a flopbet (after all, he is the pfr).
Don't take the risk to get too little reward on you big hands for one extra bet instead. IMO you risk more than 1BB and you will more often lose them, than win.

DerFleischmeister
08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
If your bets are getting too much respect, I MIGHT slowplay this on the flop, but most times, I'll just bet the flop. After that, I'm only slowing down if:

-The board pairs, and you get a new source of aggression, IN ADDITION TO any existing sources. Of course, my definition of "slowing down" here consists of something along the lines of, "cap the turn, call the river raise.")

-Specifically, the 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls on the turn or river.

DerFleischmeister
08-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Here, I just call. There is only one card in the whole deck that can really slow me down here, and that was it.