PDA

View Full Version : Best Food and Live SNG's in Vegas

08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm travelling to Vegas in about three weeks with some friends and was wondering where the best eats and live SNG's($50ish) were to be found in Sin City. Now I'm not a high roller yet so I'm looking for the best bang for your buck places. I will be bunking at the Nugget. Suggestions on where to go for well structured MTT's would be helpful also. Oh, and keep the priceless information from all your posts coming.

SuitedSixes
08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
The Palms has good food at Little Buddha, and (as far as I know) the only reasonable SNGs in town. They offer $110s (You get a $5 voucher for food with your entry fee). I know that Aladdin also has SNGs but I read somewhere that the rake was something horrible (well above 10%).

lacky
08-01-2005, 02:03 PM
are they still doing these at the palms, or was it part of the summer series they had for the wsop?

Steve

skipperbob
08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Checkout the "Orleans"...I've always been a fan of the place and they have a comfortable poker room...They run a low buyin MTT everyday at noon.

"What 66's said about Palms"

GtrHtr
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
the series ended on 10 July at the Palms. The tourney director told me they do it 2-3 times a year though.

Irieguy
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
The Nugget has a great buffet.

Hugo's Cellar at the 4 Queens is the best food downtown, but is pricey.

The Las Vegas Club has the best diner/cafe downtown.

The Orleans runs the best low limit MTTs, has a good buffet, has a great oyster bar, and a fantastic sushi restaurant. Everything is reasonably priced.

The Palms is the nuts, but the summer series is over.

The Nugget runs good daily tournaments, but the buy-ins are a little high.

You will have a hard time finding live SNGs.

The Bellagio poker room is such a great room, that you need to go there. Everything edible at that hotel is really good. The Snack Shack has better food than most restaurants.

Bonita Michoacan on Decatur and Twain is the best Mexican restaurant in the world.

Irieguy

redbeer
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
The Horseshoe will start a list for Sit N Gos. They fill several after an hout or so of their daily 1:00 p.m. tournament. $60 (and I think they keep $5 a player...maybe 10.

Both the nugget and the Shoe run 2 MTTs a day.

Hugo's cellar is great. Most places at the Nugget are above average. The coffee shop in Binions is famous but average.

08-01-2005, 04:59 PM
How about clubs? Like dancin' and places to scam some chicks and stuuf like that. Any suggestions?

Hornacek
08-01-2005, 05:01 PM
For buffets, can't beat Paris and Bellagio (in my opinion). MGM Grand is also nice.

For non-buffets, Nobu for sushi and Smith and Wollensky's for steak.

Irieguy
08-01-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about clubs? Like dancin' and places to scam some chicks and stuuf like that. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunday is industry night at Light (Bellagio).

Monday is good for chillin' at the Voodoo lounge (Rio)

Tuesday is Ladies' night at Studio 54, and might be the best club night of the week. The place goes nuts, goes all night, and has lots of beautiful babies.

Wednesday is a good night for 9 Fine Irishmen at NYNY.

Thurs-Sat: bombs away everywhere:
-Tabu at MGM is great for late
-Drai's at Barbary Coast is for after hours... goes till 8am at least
-Pure at Caesar's and La Bete at Wynn are both new and happening.
-Coyote Ugly at NYNY is a good place to start a night
-Tangerine at the TI is cool.

Irieguy

08-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Irie, is that Marley tokin' for your avatar?

08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irie, is that Marley tokin' for your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering that too. Great avatar. But nothing compares to suited 66's of Shakira shakin' her ass..damn.

OP, take it upon yourself to go to the Bellagio. Went to Vegas a year ago, best buffet I ate in Vegas but the price is pretty high. I loved their poker room. Lowest they dealt was 4-8 limit but it was pretty soft. Won about $400 after 15+ hours of play. Also saw a few pros. (Ted Forrest and John Juanda, probably would have recognized more but I didn't follow the pro's like I do now)

Iron Tigran
08-02-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For buffets, can't beat Paris and Bellagio (in my opinion).

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your Paris and Bellagio buffets... and I raise you Aladdin's Spice Market Buffet!!

proell
08-02-2005, 01:59 AM
greatest avatar of all time.
it's so long too.
again, you are an inspiration.
i'm making an avatar right now!