PDA

View Full Version : Skunk got my dog...

swede123
08-01-2005, 12:18 PM
So last night the dog got the hell sprayed out of him by a little skunk bastard. As I'm sitting here typing this my hands still smell like skunk. Damn.

Swede

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 12:19 PM
did you wash him with tomato juice?

tripp0807
08-01-2005, 12:22 PM
If it were my dog I'd go the tomato juice route, but they sell stuff at Petco/Petsmart for this

SuitedSixes
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
At least it wasn't a porcupine.

swede123
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
After the incident I did some reading on the subject and it seems the majority opinion is that tomato juice won't eliminate the odor, rather it masks it temporarily. The suggested remedy was a mix of sodium peroxide, baking soda and detergent. Following this fun stuff his smell level had dropped from a solid 9/10 down to about 5/10. I'll probably buy some of that spray stuff from the pet store today that is specifically made for skunk stink.

Next time I spot a skunk on my lawn it's killing time, that's for damn sure.

Swede

Non_Comformist
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I had a children's book about a cowboy named sam. In this situation Sam used tomato juice. You can trust Cowboy Sam.

RacersEdge
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you kill a skunk easily without setting off its stink bomb?

08-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Tomato juice for sure.

touchfaith
08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After the incident I did some reading on the subject and it seems the majority opinion is that tomato juice won't eliminate the odor, rather it masks it temporarily. The suggested remedy was a mix of sodium peroxide, baking soda and detergent. Following this fun stuff his smell level had dropped from a solid 9/10 down to about 5/10. I'll probably buy some of that spray stuff from the pet store today that is specifically made for skunk stink.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

The tomato juice will get the odor down to a very comfortable "holy crap that smells like weed" state.

You develop a desire to follow your dog everywhere he goes and offer to buy him munchies.

It's worth it.

WackityWhiz
08-01-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

The tomato juice will get the odor down to a very comfortable "holy crap that smells like weed" state.

You develop a desire to follow your dog everywhere he goes and offer to buy him munchies.

It's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha you just made me load up a bowl