PDA

View Full Version : KTo TP good kicker gets donk bet on turn

JDErickson
08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Hand from Party 3/6 last night. From memory.

I'm on button with KTo, 4 limpers to me and I limp, both blinds come along for the ride.7 to the flop.

Flop 44T rainbow.

EP bets, a couple callers and I raise. 5 people call the raise.

Turn 8
SB bets out. 2 callers. Hero ?????

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 12:19 PM
I like a raise here, with the plan on probably taking a free showdown and folding to a turn three-bet.

The basic thing I'm trying to figure out here is how to deal with the two intermediate limpers. I originally thought calling would be better since we have no need to protect our hand, but I don't like that line. We are not facing a bunch of bluffers who a raise might discourage (was might be the case if the pot were heads-up... in a HU pot I would opt for a call here). We are likely against some weaker tens or overcards or smaller pairs or something like that. Raising now forces those types of hands to put in money now, and some of them might not put money in on the river. We can fold easily to a turn three-bet against a standard player here, so I think there is definite value in raising here over calling down.

Basically, I don't want to call behind here, have villain lead the river, the two limpers drop, and then be stuck with the smaller pot. Multiway I think I need to encourage the intermediate limpers to make mistakes on the turn in order to cover myself against those times the donk-bet is legit and I'm against a 4.

otis_nixon
08-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I might just fold this preflop, I'd think about playing this if they were suited. plus if your sitting at a weak tight table the chances are your hand might be reverse dominated by someone who limped in with KJ or something alone these lines.

sfer
08-01-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might just fold this preflop, I'd think about playing this if they were suited. plus if your sitting at a weak tight table the chances are your hand might be reverse dominated by someone who limped in with KJ or something alone these lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Raise the turn.

hicherbie
08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
two callers = raise.

JDErickson
08-01-2005, 02:18 PM
I raised the turn as I thought was correct.

SB then 3 bet and everyone folded.

I thought it was an easy fold.

A couple donks at the table were commenting on how stupid the raise and then fold was.

Just wanted to check my thinking.

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

A couple donks at the table were commenting on how stupid the raise and then fold was.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why they are donks.

Nice hand. You played it perfectly.