PDA

View Full Version : bubble suckiness

BOOOM
08-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1390)
Hero (t2220)
BB (t1890)
UTG (t2500)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t600</font>, Button calls t600, Hero ???

UTG has been a really tight raiser, Button is super loose, BB is semi tight.

When Button calls, I'm pretty sure he'll be all-in by the end of the hand. Do I push here looking for a coinflip at best and a decent chip lead or let Button self-destruct and creep into the money with an average stack?

KramerTM
08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I fold here and hope Button goes all-in and loses.

bluefeet
08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...let Button self-destruct and creep into the money with an average stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds where a little lower, making a move over a min-raise and a loose call is an attractive option, when you can take it down PF. But with your vulnerable PP, I couldn't do that here -- because I expect to be called.

If UTG wins this hand, you're likely in the money on the bubble. If UTG loses the hand, you have both 'shorties' in the blinds next hand.

A great hand to open-push with, but not one to take potentially 3-way IMO.

08-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Think this is a easyish fold 3 way....
You are 50/50 at best, if you push you are going to get calld by at least one of them due to pot committness, so the steal is out of the question.
If they call you, its a coinflip at best, and if they both call you, there could definately be an overpair, or at least 3 different overcards out there....Pretty easy fold...Make the moves with this, but stay out of raised 3 way pots....

Bear in mind your +$Ev increases everytime two players take each other on in this situation, so as suggested above fold, donate your 150sb, and hope, the button ends up in 4th...

pooh74
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Why is button calling here? Any reads? Unless he is a complete donk, smells like AA or KK...anything else and its just an awful play.

I fold this

MegaBet
08-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Fold. There's no real need for you to gamble here.

BOOOM
08-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Can anyone find a call here? I'm getting great odds and would still have a decent stack if I folded after a terrible flop. On the other hand, an overpair or set could make me a huge stack.

pooh74
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone find a call here? I'm getting great odds and would still have a decent stack if I folded after a terrible flop. On the other hand, an overpair or set could make me a huge stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fix that mental leak...you're calling off only 450, which is bad enough bc it's a 1/4 of your stack. Also, you will most certainly be putting in another 600-700 to bc the button will surely not let go of this considering how pot committed he is. Always consider that aspect when just colding calling. Therefore, what are your odds now? Certainly not good to hit a set...they were never that good anyways. If you're gonna play this hand then push, calling this much of your stack bc of pot odds is awful...what sort of flops are you looking for at this point of the game...This is all or nothing time.

What else did you have in mind with this hand? Don't overcomplicate it.