PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on turbo SNGs...

alexd231232
08-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure how prevalent these turbo tourneys really are but it seems that on Pokerstars there are quite a bit. I've tried them and seem to place alot more because, in my opinion, they reward the tight agressive players more. What do you guys think about the tubro concept

gildwulf
08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I dunno, IMHO these things suck...you have less possible hands than a regular SNG so tight players are punished if you are card dead...

A_PLUS
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, IMHO these things suck...you have less possible hands than a regular SNG so tight players are punished if you are card dead...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they favor TAG play the same way that a party SNG does. You can fold you way to the bubble often enough to make them profitable. It just comes down to the fact that most players dont know how to play push-fold poker

alexd231232
08-01-2005, 12:20 PM
That does seem to be how i usually win or make the money, by push-folding. People at the level i have to play at for now(6.50) are very tight when it comes to bubble time and i can take advantage quite easily.

proell
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I think they are an ideal format. Not quite as fast as the party structure and with more starting chips, so good players have a little more room to outplay the weaker players early, while at the same time being fast enough that the hourly rate does not suffer significantly.

Wes ManTooth
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I am not a big fan of all fold/push preflop play... so turbo SNGs, I dont know if this is possible but it both sucks and blows.

gildwulf
08-01-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are an ideal format. Not quite as fast as the party structure and with more starting chips, so good players have a little more room to outplay the weaker players early, while at the same time being fast enough that the hourly rate does not suffer significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are WAY faster than the party structure...the 1st three levels of blinds go extremely fast....

ldavidjm
08-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I like turbos quite a bit, its easy to play more of them, and I think its a substantial advantage that so many lower stakes players have no idea how to play the bubble or play such small stacks in relation to the blinds. I regularly see small stacks with 700 chips limp/fold 200 chips off to my push....

Basically I hope to get all in early with AA-QQ and double up, or just wait around to start pushing.