PDA

View Full Version : "But I flopped the nuts!"

adam74
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 ($14.90)
MP2 ($13.95)
MP3 ($29.70)
CO ($10)
Hero ($23.80)
SB ($11.10)
BB ($11.90)
UTG ($31.40)
UTG+1 ($15.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.45</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.45, MP2 calls $1.45, CO calls $1.45

Hero?

Do you raise here?

With a bet and three callers already, I'm thinking that my top set (with no blockers) is probably pretty vulnerable, and I'd rather just call and hope for a nice turn, given that a raise is likely to get at least a couple of callers, and that those callers - with the exception of UTG - will be all-in or close to it...which is good for drawing hands, right?

But then I thought...if they are all drawing, maybe they're all blocking each other off, so a raise would a grand idea.

jhall23
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
One thing to notice with your hand here is that if you pot raise this flop in most situations you will be getting huge odd's to redraw to a boat on the turn due to the stack sizes.

Worst case scenario would be that only UTG calls this then if he potted it you would be getting about 2.5:1 on your remaining stack.

I'm still learning the game but I have to think that a raise is in order. You don't want to be incorrectly folding on the turn to some non-flush straightening card. Also if the board pairs and they were all on draws they may very well fold to any bet.

Tilt
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Raise and shove it all-in if possible. In a multiway you have at least enough equity to be happy to do that. But at this level its much more likely that you are up against 2 pair and/or lower trips. The number of times you are up against both a wrap and a nut flush draw is not worth slowing down IMO. You will make more $ off the times you play this fast than the times you run into that IMO.

joewatch
08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
You raise the pot here every time.

Acesover8s
08-01-2005, 03:52 PM
You raise here hoping everyone calls. The 2nd best thing that could happen is everyone folds. One caller brings a tear to my eye.

FlyingSumo
08-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Every card in the deck mess up your hand, gotta put in the chips NOW. All overcards makes your hand worse, all midcards add draws, and all lowcards completes draws. In addition, u will hardly ever be paid off if board pairs, as players are unlikely to have the 2nd or 3rd boat.

You might even be lucky enough to get reraised by a lower set (I see this all the time).