PDA

View Full Version : 97o against CO-raise

wuarhg
08-01-2005, 11:24 AM
4 handed 20/40

I have 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB, CO open-raises which he has been doing for the last 10 minutes. I don't know if he is tilting or what but he is raising alot of crap. He is 27/18 Aggression 4/3/2 after 2500 hands, but not playing like the stats say. He is overaggressive on the flop, checkraising and 3-betting ace high etc.

He raises, 2 fold, I call.

Flop 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, He bets, I raise, He 3-bets, I call.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, He raises, I call...

River K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check intending to fold if he bets.

I hate this hand.

DMBFan23
08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
if he's not going to take the free card on the turn (who ever does, really) then would c/call be better? I just think getting raised is teh suck.

J. Sawyer
08-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I like a more passive route, maybe calling down

JrJordan
08-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Why the turn bet? After a preflop raise and flop 3-bet, plus the read that he's tilting, I'd say there's very little chance he's checking through this turn. Check/call the turn (and probably the river as well since he's so aggro, you can induce a bluff).

The way you played it, I think you have to fold to a river bet as well, I just don't get why you're trying to out-lag a LAG when there's a decent chance he's just spewing more than you are.

wuarhg
08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Agreed, this is what happens when you run bad forever. After this hand I quit because I felt a bit hot. Not because I lost, but because I played bad.

Victor
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
i like the flop cr but after getting 3bet i think you need to get to showdown for as cheap as possible. i think you are likely good here much of the time.

also, the way you played it, no fin way i fold the riv for 1bet against this joker.

cartman
08-01-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is overaggressive on the flop, checkraising and 3-betting ace high etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have just check-called the turn also, but given this read how can you guys fold on the river?

Monty Cantsin
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Trust your instincts. Check/call the river. This is a terrible spot for a "smart" laydown. Your gut is telling you that this guy is overplaying his hands. Once you've made a decent pair on the flop you are going to see a showdown.

/mc