PDA

View Full Version : damn, what a beautiful song

xadrez
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Listening right now to "Trouble, Heartaches, and Pain" by Ann Peebles, and g-damn its an amazing track (Astute listeners will find a RZA sample in it as well).

Is anyone else a fan of old school soul and R&B? I freaking Love it.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Yes. I love this stuff. (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone.php)

asofel
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
can you put it up on rapidshare? i can't find it online...

i'm listening to aretha franklin's "rose is still a rose". Same deal...great song, beautiful work.

xadrez
08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Asofel,
I cant right now as Im at work listening to it on my Ipod, and will be away from my home computer for the next day or two. Ill post it on Rapidshare sometime in the next day or two (realistically Tuesday night), and then PM you...

asofel
08-01-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Asofel,
I cant right now as Im at work listening to it on my Ipod, and will be away from my home computer for the next day or two. Ill post it on Rapidshare sometime in the next day or two (realistically Tuesday night), and then PM you...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, thx man. I did see the original "I can't stand the rain" song that missy sampled...good stuff.

xadrez
08-01-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice, thx man. I did see the original "I can't stand the rain" song that missy sampled...good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great song as well. Try running a search for "Shaolin Soul" as the "Trouble, Heartaches..." song was on a compilation by that name. Another good track on that comp is one called "Aretha, Sing One For Me" by George Jackson...

xadrez
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"rose is still a rose"

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot about this one (it had slipped into the Ipod "black hole")...great track