PDA

View Full Version : T5o- from BB flops TP on 3-suited board

flair1239
08-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Pacific 5/10

Typical Loose-passive game. Reads From memory. Basically most of the players in this hand ranged from 25%-40% VPIP, with vaying degrees of passiveness post-flop. One really did not stand out from the other.

Hero T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from BB.

PF: UTG2 limps, MP1 limps, Co limps, SB limps, hero checks

Flop: (5-players) (5SB) T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, SB bets, UTG2 calls, Mp1 calls, Co calls, Hero...

Folds getting 9-1 plus implied odds. Reason being it is possible that I am behind right now. IF not this field almost certainly has a large number of outs against me.

I thought about betting out, but really did not feel it would do much to thin out the crowd. As I felt the only people who would fold, would be those people who had no hope, most of the hands I would like to fold would stay in regardless. Also if I bet and there is a raise, I would have lots of trouble staying in.

If the bet had come from the CO or MP1 I was going to consider check-raising, but really unless I could get HU I was not wild about the idea of staying in this hand.

Thoughts?

Padawan Learner
08-01-2005, 11:13 AM
I think the fold here is perfect. Weak top pair no kicker on a monotone flop with 4 opponents...yuk. If you do have the best hand now, it is unlikely to finish that way, especially with everyone calling a flop bet.

Paxosmotic
08-01-2005, 11:28 AM
In this hand we simply cannot call on the flop. We can check and raise a bet from late position or we can check and fold to a bet from early position.

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Flair,

I had a similar hand that I posted the other day about flopping top pair with J6 on a two-suited board out of the big blind. This situation is even more marginal than that one is.

Basically the concensus that was developed concerning that hand is that it simply wasn't strong enough against a 5 person field to get that invested in. If you find yourself in a position to take total control of the hand by check-raising a very late position bettor, maybe you can get aggressive here on the flop, but most of the time you should be willing to let the hand go. Betting out won't be particularly good here, and I don't think folding to a single flop bet will be that bad. 1/3 of the time your hand will be totally killed by another club, and the rest of the time you will be drawing very thin to a better 10 much of the time and maybe even drawing dead to a made flush another part of the time.

Basically, you have nothing going for you in this hand except that you have top pair. Putting in an significant amount of money here without a very obvious tactical advantage somewhere (c/ring a late position bet) would be bad.