PDA

View Full Version : I just had to value bet didn't I

TMFS9
08-01-2005, 10:54 AM
The SB is 35/23 and aggressive and unpredictable postflop. His 3 betting range out of the SB includes pretty much any playable hand.

Party 10/20 6 max (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3 folds, Hero Raises, SB 3 bets, BB folds, Hero Calls

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, Hero Calls

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, Hero Calls

River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero drops an F bomb and does what?

stigmata
08-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Don't steal from loose tricky players with J6s.

If i think he's capable of a river bluff check-raise I call. I have seen this a few times recently so it's not out of the question.

hockey1
08-01-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm at a loss to understand what value you think you get out of betting this river.

sthief09
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm at a loss to understand what value you think you get out of betting this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh how about every pocket pair under jacks and king high?

sthief09
08-01-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't steal with that [censored], and river is an easy bet-fold. you absolutely have to bet there. he's definitely BS'ing some decent amount of the time but not enough to pay off here

TMFS9
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't steal with that [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that J6s is pushing it, but the BB was real tight and predictable out of the BB, I just should've have accounted for the SB more.

TMFS9
08-01-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh how about every pocket pair under jacks and king high?

[/ QUOTE ]

And even checkraises with 33 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hockey1
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
You really think that it's sufficiently more likely that he has -- and will call with -- a pair below jacks or K high versus an A or KK-QQ, or a set? NOT A CHANCE. If he's going to call with those hands he's going to bet them on the river. His river check WAY more often means either he's given up (and will not call a river bet) or that's he's reading you for a weak A or a J and is looking to c/r.