PDA

View Full Version : 99 Hand

Scotch78
08-01-2005, 10:49 AM
UTG is 45/3 over 800+. My exported notes say he mostly raises with suited aces and big pairs, and primarily the former. I've seen him enter one hand on a raise with A3s, and he checked it down soon as someone donkbet the flop. My basic plan was to raise any non-ace flop and take it from there.

I cold-called instead of 3-betting because the blinds were both TAGS with VP$IPs under 20% and the button was a probable LAG. I figured the blinds didn't need encouragement and the button would call three if he'd already decided to call two.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

Scott

DMBFan23
08-01-2005, 10:53 AM
is he at all positionally aware? 40+VPIP players would tend not to be IMO, but when this dude raises UTG I don't like 99 that much all of a sudden. 3% is like AA/KK/QQ/AKs/AQs right? does he specifically not raise big pairs?

RunDownHouse
08-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Even given your explanation, I don't like the preflop CC. I don't agree that button will call 3 bets as easily as 2, and if the blinds are decent players, you entering the pot may tip them from a fold to a call, especially if they've noted that you're a TAG.

The rest of the hand looks good given your read.

Scotch78
08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is he at all positionally aware?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering he raised one limper from the SB with A3s, probably not.

[ QUOTE ]
% is like AA/KK/QQ/AKs/AQs right? does he specifically not raise big pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT shows him raising with AA and QQ, but no other big pairs after 700 hands. KQ, AQs, AJs, ATs, and A5s round out the list.

Scott