PDA

View Full Version : Bottom boat question

Tropex
08-01-2005, 10:38 AM
I recently had this hand:
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls $1 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

The pot was huge, but should I have slowed down on the river, when he capped the river, I was already thinking "no way". I can tell you he didn't have AA...

RunDownHouse
08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I would have donked either the flop or turn. Catching UTG and MP in between you and the pfr would be sweet.

After all that action I probably just call CO's river raise. You might as well have flipped your set up on the turn, and he doesn't care. Its tough with no reads, but players at this level usually err on the side of passivity, so this much action would scare me.

I also might be influenced by your hinting at the results.

TMFS9
08-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I want more than one bet going in on the flop.

MAxx
08-01-2005, 11:07 AM
i would have led the flop called a raise. I would have then thought about donk 3betting the turn. If he capped turn, and depending on my view of his aggressiveness/ resonableness... i' probably go for a river checkraise with intension of calling a 3bet.

Alot of this depends to his response to your flop donk, which is where i'd start my line.

Tropex
08-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Yea I could've said the main raiser had some Loose-aggressive tendencies. He showed A9 to take down the pot with runner runners, thanks for the feedback, I suppose next time this kind of situation emerges, I shall slow down a bit on the later streets... Too bad. I think most of these cases I'd be against trips or two pair so I figured It would be the case now as well.