I had 7 7 A X something

Flop was : 7 9 9

I bet $5 into a $6 pot

one caller

Turn: T

I bet $12
and MP raised me to $50

What do you do ?

I folded. He said that he had A 9. This is omaha though.

08-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Anyway. That same player later checked the river with this

He had 77

Board: Q Q 7 X X

He checked and showed the full house so I think he had me.

08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
My initial reaction was that PL omaha was easy but after playing a few hours I have found out that if you have the nuts, no one will call any bet you make.

joewatch
08-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Your fold looks fine to me. T9xx is a likely hand for villain.

adam74
08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have found out that if you have the nuts, no one will call any bet you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? What site are you playing at? Maybe you should try somewhere else... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I played at 24hpoker. A european site. I saw 70 % flop % and saw some idiot call off his whole $150 stack with top two pair A 7 and was like "Holy **** " this game rocks so I sit down and idiot boy had reloaded with another $100. I couldn't get idiot boy to call one bet of mine. It was odd. My first time playing PL Omaha tonight. I liked some things but god damn would have liked to have gotten paid on at least one nut that I had. I flopped quad kings and checked it all the way to the river and you would have thought that someone hit a set of some kind. I bet $3 on the river and everyone folded. Unfreaking real. This was .50/1 PL and I bet $3. Geez. Eventually, I started bluffing and everyone would still fold so I started taunting them and calling them suckers and I still got no action at all.

joewatch
08-01-2005, 02:02 PM
What you describe is normal play. With a paired board, people rarely bet unless they have trips or boat. Once in a while, you get somebody who semibluffs w/ the nut flush draw.

FlyingSumo
08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
The only hands that will give u action on the flop are people who either hold 97, or hold 9 with at least 2 overs. When another overcard falls on turn, and u still get action against you, you are beaten or up against "one of those dudes".

Guys who dont let go of 77 here are guys that makes omaha such a profitable game.

There might be games though, so wild and crazy, that you should consider not letting go from time to time, but in general, regular full games, normal strategy should be used.

pzhon
08-01-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Guys who dont let go of 77 here are guys that makes omaha such a profitable game.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are part of what makes the game profitable. At one point when I was starting to play Omaha, I had about $200 budgeted for Omaha. Then someone called the pot 3 times with a flopped underboat, and I had $300 in my Omaha bankroll.

This is an easy fold on the turn, no matter what the guy actually had or said afterwards.

Lafortezza
08-02-2005, 07:14 AM
The one good thing I learned from the Omaha section of SS2 was to be very aware of underfulls and the potential of overfulls.

barongreenback
08-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Even if you just get called on the turn the river will be tough. Against a decent player your reverse implied odds will be nasty. You can never tell if he hit.

I wonder if there is a different way to play this? I don't like chasing an unraised pot with half my stack.

James

adam74
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hands that will give u action on the flop are people who either hold 97, or hold 9 with at least 2 overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think, wouldn't you? But plenty of people at the $25 tables at Stars will draw to straights and flushes on a paired board. You also might get calls from someone with an overpair, or, say the flop comes 922, someone with a bare 9. Generally I'd say that these people will call one bet on the flop, but won't call again on the turn.

But these people won't raise with these hands. My feeling is that a raise on a paired board means a made full house the vast majority of the time.

On the other hand, there are people who won't bet if they hit trips, even if they are last to act and it's checked to them.

jj_frap
08-05-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The one good thing I learned from the Omaha section of SS2 was to be very aware of underfulls and the potential of overfulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I learned that from Slotboom.

I always check-fold underfull flops like that...

Maybe it's weak, but chances are both 9s are out there, and anybody who hasn't made their hand already has a huge draw that they will not give up on, leaving you with needlessly difficult decisions on later streets that will almost certainly leave you in a -EV scenario.