PDA

View Full Version : AJ, 7 handed, big blinds, facing EP raiser (Party $11)

Raiser
08-01-2005, 09:42 AM
This is routine given the blind level and the number of opponents left, right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1115)
MP1 (t1485)
MP2 (t1070)
CO (t1330)
Button (t1675)
Hero (t735)
BB (t590)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t700</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t735 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t35.

tigerite
08-01-2005, 09:48 AM
This is a tough one, I don't think it's totally clear cut, simply because of the size of his raise, if it was 400-450 I'd like it a whole lot more, because that's just the kind of "raise with crap to try to steal the blinds, never mind it's 30% of my stack" move these donks make at this stage, and you'd be likely ahead of whatever he had (KQ, KJ, KT and lower aces aren't unusual). But here, I think you have more room for a little wiggling yet, because there's no real big stack. It depends on reads on MP1, has he got out of line before, is he a maniac, etc? You'll have plenty of stealing opportunities later when you can be first in, the very next hand, or the one when the current MP2, and even CO are in the BB for instance. I think I err towards a fold here, but I hate it.

Also you have to look that he has a healthy stack of 10BB and is putting half of it behind his hand, so he obviously likes it a lot. I can't see this being a steal, to be honest.

Raiser
08-01-2005, 10:47 AM
I guess I interpreted his raise another way. I see people make stupid raises like this a lot with hands that don't want to see the flop. A lot of the opponents at this level will raise their biggies a lot smaller than this so they can get paid off.

xLukex
08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
This is why I don't play $11s in the morning!!!

Anyways, I push this every time. You have what 5BBs? Push push push push push and use that luckbox.

TWINUNO
08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I would tend to fold here and push on the next round. Its still 7 handed in the 5th level at a 10/1 which could tell you something about his cards. If this guy has been an over agressor i would tend to call though.

tigerite
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I interpreted his raise another way. I see people make stupid raises like this a lot with hands that don't want to see the flop. A lot of the opponents at this level will raise their biggies a lot smaller than this so they can get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, that's what I mean about needing a read.. if he's a maniac or this kind of player, then I push, but he would have shown signs of this before now if this is the case. It's why I use the HUD of PokerOffice so I know how much they've preflop raised and so on