PDA

View Full Version : KQo 6max button hand

twolf
08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
$25 6max at Stars. I have $31 to start villian has $24.40. 6 handed.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

2 folds, 1 limper (100% VPIP, calls anything with any raise), I raise the button to $1.25, sb folds, BB who is generally tight but never folds his BB to a raise calls.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, limper bets $1, I raise to $3, BB folds, limper mini-reraises to $5, I call

Turn T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
limper checks, I check

River 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
limper bets $6, I fold

Standard? Fold to the mini 3/bet on the flop? If the turn had been anything but a diamond and it gets checked to me should I bet thinking the flush draw and fold the a c/r? When he bet checked the turn I was 90% positive he had the flush and was jamming it. So that makes for an easy river fold, right? Do you think my river fold is bad? Also if I didn't hold the Qd should I bet the turn(ala check with outs bet w/o outs) and fold to a c/r?

08-01-2005, 07:43 AM
i think you should bet something on the turn. When you check along, you're pretty much giving the guy a license to bet big on the river, whether he has a hand or not. I might throw out a bet on the turn and fold if he goes for a c/r.

xorbie
08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I call and expect to lose but (a) you might be good and (b) this sort of information can make you profit later (stack him when you gain knowledge about hsi betting habits).

swolfe
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
if you're going to check the turn, you have to call the river bet.

if you're going to check the turn and fold the river, you ought to have folded to the flop reraise (which would probably have been a good idea anyway).

amoeba
08-01-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to check the turn, you have to call the river bet.

if you're going to check the turn and fold the river, you ought to have folded to the flop reraise (which would probably have been a good idea anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. flush didn't hit on the flop. that is a big difference.

djoyce003
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
If you check the turn, you have to call this river I think. I would have fired a bet on that turn hoping to see the river for free. I'm not convinced that you are even behind here. The dude will call with anything, so unless he flopped some random 2 pair hand, he could easily have something stupid like Q2 of clubs or something.