PDA

View Full Version : Bubble hand: level 4 with >14BB

45suited
08-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Everybody else make this bubble call? Villain had been kind of loose and this felt like a stop-n-go to me. Anyone just open push 88 here with the blinds still so low? PP 11 (Just got back from vacation and wanted to ease back in to SNGs! /images/graemlins/grin.gif) Results posted later.

Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 5: scottishe ( $4575 )
Seat 6: HERO ( $1460 )
Seat 4: KyserSoze718 ( $990 )
Seat 9: mvpkg ( $975 )

Blinds(50/100)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 8s 8h ]
scottishe folds.
HERO raises [300].
mvpkg folds.
mustang40: olga s
KyserSoze718 calls [200].
** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Jh, Ad ]
KyserSoze718 is all-In [690]
HERO calls [690].

08-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Do many PP 11 players know what is stop-n-go?

Pushing preflop is reasonable as both blinds have <10BB and would be my play. However with such a flop I would fold this time. I doubt Villian is willing to bust out 4th on a bluff, but once in a while he may have KQ and draw out anyway. Lots of hands beat you here and if you lose you are in terrible shape but if you fold you will still have >10BB.

Nick B.
08-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Wow. If you won congrats, but I don't think I would ever call this.

curtains
08-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Of course I open push, you only have 9x the BB! I hate your raise for precisely what happened. This is not a unimportant preflop detail. Why in the world would you encourage action on the bubble with a hand so weak as 88.

Also when I said you have only 9x the BB, it's because the other stacks have that, thus it's basically what you have for this hand.

But jesus, make poker an easier game and just move allin preflop instead of facing ridiculously difficult decisions that I never even have to face.

Nick B.
08-01-2005, 07:22 AM
The seat numbers must be messed up if seat 5 acted before 9. I agree with curtains if the other stacks have less than 10, just push it in. If the big stack was after you (like I originally thought), i think I would raise to 275.

lastchance
08-01-2005, 07:25 AM
The two people behind you have 10x BB. Push preflop.

45suited
08-01-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would you encourage action on the bubble with a hand so weak as 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I had my head up my a$$, of course! As soon as I raised to 300, I was like, "Aw, crap!"

Normally, I'd auto push there, even if the bigstack was still in the hand. Actually, I should say "especially" if the bigstack was still in the hand (so he couldn't push me off the hand pre-flop). So to answer your question, I just made a stupid pre-flop mistake.

45suited
08-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Well, I butchered the hand pre-flop by not pushing. Villain was very loose and bluff happy, so when he pushed I called rather quickly (but not happily). He had 77, so basically I got lucky.

I know I should've just pushed preflop though. Got lucky this time.

curtains
08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah I still push preflop even if the big stack is involved. 88 is just too strong for me to fold no matter what on the button with only 14x the BB. Especially since it's the bubble, I don't want to encourage the Big stack to mess around.

Of course since it's the smaller stacks then your play is easy. But okay really, you should in general try to make poker as easy as possible when reasonable, especially sit and gos as tough postflop deicsions, especially on the bubble, are things you want to avoid. It wouldnt even cross my mind to make a raise less than allin in that position.

45suited
08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course since it's the smaller stacks then your play is easy. But okay really, you should in general try to make poker as easy as possible when reasonable, especially sit and gos as tough postflop deicsions, especially on the bubble, are things you want to avoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed... especially for me (as opposed to you) since I realize my own limitations post flop. Like I said, I had just gotten back from vacation and was rusty. As soon as I raised less than all-in, I knew that I had stepped in it.