PDA

View Full Version : party 2/4 full. turned straight from bb

spahk
08-01-2005, 05:33 AM
i somehow ended up on the river with no idea where i was at. literally first hand at the table and first time seeing this villain, so i have no read. i start with exactly $400. villain has me covered by a few dollars.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, 1 fold, villain calls, 4 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Villain bets 8. SB calls 8, Hero calls 8, UTG folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets 30, Villain calls, SB folds.

River: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain bets 100...

i cannot be ahead here, right? i must be chopping at best? i tried to announce my hand on the turn. villain thought a bit, then called. he has Q9? KQ hearts? I am paranoid? someone help me out, please. all responses appreciated.

BirdieLongSocks
08-01-2005, 06:37 AM
You really think he will show you some funky hand enough times to cover for the flush? The nut straight?

xorbie
08-01-2005, 06:56 AM
The problem with this flop is that you have zero implied odds and tons of reverse implied odds (i.e. calling this river).

ryanghall
08-01-2005, 07:21 AM
I like betting out at this flop. It disguises your hand a little better and bloats the pot for if you hit, as well as giving you the chance to take the pot down with Ace-high.

Anyone with me on this?

PS I fold this river. He's got you beat or he's insanely ballsy/stupid.