PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With New Notebook

KaneKungFu123
08-01-2005, 04:53 AM
i live in an apartment building with wireless internet that requires a passport. i am pretty sure that each room/connection requires a new password.

i gave my first notebook to the people in the office and they configured the internet with a password.

i bought a new notebook. is there a way for me to use my first notebook to give the second notebook internet access also, or will i need them to put in another password? if it is the latter, i know they are gonna try to hassle me into paying a double monthly internet because i live in thailand where people bend over backwards to skim an extra buck off of anyone.

Thanks.

KaneKungFu123
08-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Here Is What I Bought BTW:

Toshiba A80-C431T/CM-370/CB/15"CSV Ceeron M 370 (1.5,1MB/400MHz), 256 MB DDR SDRAM up to 1280 MB, 40 GB (4200 rpm), Fixed CDRW/DVD Combo.

It has a screen resolution of +2000/+1500.

it cost me $750, plus il get 7.5% back in tax refund.

i tried to find a link, but cant. guess i shouldve asked for a review before i bought it, but thats not my style.

it will be exclusively for surfing the web and playing poker. i cant buy a dell in thailand.

ChipWrecked
08-01-2005, 05:14 AM
Assuming the OS is XP, you can check this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310563) out for basic sharing info. How to make the two talk to each other without hitting the wireless router is beyond me.

Popinjay
08-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Just tell them your old notebook broke and you bought a new one. Then have them configure the new one with the settings. Also make sure you use a virus scanner because it'd suck if they installed a keystroke logger and wiped out your accounts.