PDA

View Full Version : A 'Life'

Jazza
08-01-2005, 03:58 AM
take me, I am alive, take a dead guy, he is not. If you disagree with this or do not have a defenition of life, fair nuff this post is worthless to you, all others:

when did I become alive? was there a .01 second period in time when at the start I was not alive, and at the end I was alive?

I'm guessing that it's continuous, a human posseses a certain amount 'x' of life, so say a baby 4 months before birth would only have about 1/5 the amount of life units that I have (just a guess, don't worry about exact number besides that it's less than 1)

who's with me? also, if you believe this, it seems that it is very likely that I can posses more or less 'life units' than another dude of my age, or else everyone's time graph of life units would be identical (it would be hard enough just trying to sychronize age 0)

who's still with me?

PairTheBoard
08-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Ever see the movie, "A Civil Action", with John Travolta? When making judgments for damages in wrongful death suits they actually measure this kind of thing with dollars.

PairTheBoard

Jazza
08-01-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ever see the movie, "A Civil Action", with John Travolta? When making judgments for damages in wrongful death suits they actually measure this kind of thing with dollars.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, did they do it just by age?

PairTheBoard
08-01-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, did they do it just by age?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember it exactly but it was pretty funny in a dark way. A man earning a good salary in his 30's with a wife and kids is worth the most. I think a single man is worth less. A housewife is worth less. Those worth the least are young kids and real old people.

PairTheBoard