PDA

View Full Version : Any way I can lay this down?

Hal 2000
08-01-2005, 03:19 AM
Paradise 1/2. I have $200 behind, barely covering villian.

Limp 66 UTG+1. Villain in Co raises to $8(no read), all others fold, I call. Pot $19.

Flop 2d4d5d. I check, villian bets $12, I call. Pot $43.

Turn 3s. I check, villian bets $60 /images/graemlins/confused.gif

btw: I don't have the 6 of diamonds

fimbulwinter
08-01-2005, 03:28 AM
lead this flop or check/fold it. check calling with this board is not an option.

fim

SirFelixCat
08-01-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lead this flop or check/fold it. check calling with this board is not an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

bweiser8311962
08-01-2005, 05:04 AM
No, I would never lay this down in a million years. What do you put Villain on that he raised preflop with to $8 ... 6/7? Come on. He's got AA or AK and he's made the dummy end of a flush. He might have AK of diamonds. Still, I've got a made hand one that has him beat right now. I'd be all-in.

08-01-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise 1/2. I have $200 behind, barely covering villian.

Limp 66 UTG+1. Villain in Co raises to $8(no read), all others fold, I call. Pot $19.

Flop 2d4d5d. I check, villian bets $12, I call. Pot $43.

Turn 3s. I check, villian bets $60 /images/graemlins/confused.gif

btw: I don't have the 6 of diamonds

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough spot to be in. If you call the turn, he's probably putting you in on the river, unless some scare card hits for him. It sure looks like he's got an ace, or he's pushing an overpair real hard and just praying you don't have the straight. But with the strenght he's showing, I have to give him credit for A-K or A-Q here and assume he's at least got the straight. The question is, does he already have the nut flush? Or does he have the made straight and the nut flush draw? You may have the best hand, but I really am not sure. with no read, I think it's 50/50, and I don't want to play for all my chips on a 50/50 hand. You might also have the best hand and still lose to a flush on the river. And I'm almost certain that he must at least have a flush draw, if not the nuts already. With no read, I have to fold here. Just ask yourself if you really want to play for your whole stack with a straight and 3 to a flush on board against a guy showing no fear.

gulebjorn
08-01-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I would never lay this down in a million years. What do you put Villain on that he raised preflop with to $8 ... 6/7? Come on. He's got AA or AK and he's made the dummy end of a straight . He might have AK of diamonds. Still, I've got a made hand one that has him beat right now. I'd be all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP and I agree.

bweiser8311962
08-01-2005, 06:17 AM
I apologize. I misread your post. With 3 diamonds out there, I would give it serious thought to laying it down. I misread the flop as 2 diamonds.

gulebjorn
08-01-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I apologize. I misread your post. With 3 diamonds out there, I would give it serious thought to laying it down. I misread the flop as 2 diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're ahead of some A that caught a straight and will donate his stack much more often than you are behind to a flopped flush.

Hal 2000
08-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I knew there'd be a problem not being able to convert this. Villian was actually SB, so all his postflop actions I listed were first. Anywho, he held 10dJd for the flush, which I never would have put him on. C'est la vie.