PDA

View Full Version : A mentally handicapped person could...

freemoney
08-01-2005, 02:51 AM
have an ROI greater than 10% at the 109s.

bjb23
08-01-2005, 02:53 AM
poty and its not even close.

Slim Pickens
Some people with mental handicaps have uncanny abilities. I don't doubt one of those could be playing online poker.

HonestIago15
So yo mama is playing again then?

w0rd.

splashpot
08-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Maybe there is a guy out there like the one in "Rainman". Instantly calculate ICM every hand.

Ogre
08-01-2005, 02:57 AM
I think its because of the handys that 10%+ roi is so easily achieveable

freemoney
08-01-2005, 02:58 AM
id be almost willing to bet that i could take a person who has never played and within 2 months be an easily winning player at the 109s.

curtains
08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
freemoney, trust me its not that easy. Even though it seems easy to you and maybe some others, its much much harder than you think and also much harder to teach a random person to do. I have thought the same thing as you in the past, but it's just not true.

freemoney
08-01-2005, 03:02 AM
i dont mean to come across arrogant or belittle people who havent yet accomplished this, its just that it really amazes me how bad the play is.

curtains
08-01-2005, 03:04 AM
It's okay, you are only belittling yourself. Instead of looking at it as though you have a natural gift or talent for poker, you instead look at it as though everyone who can't do what you do is a stupid idiot and that it's very easy. Think of yourself as a genius, it's a better and happier outlook.

Ogre
08-01-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm pretty sure i could teach my 11 yo brother to beat the 100s if i had 2 months. This would make a great "Made" episode

08-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Lets just face it... poker is like sex,

alot of people think they are great at it... but in reality, most people really suck :P

gildwulf
08-01-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe there is a guy out there like the one in "Rainman". Instantly calculate ICM every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That call is definitely +EV. Definitely +EV. I'm an excellent pusher.

Irieguy
08-01-2005, 03:55 AM
This post is a brilliant demonstration of ignorance. On so many different levels, too.

Irieguy

psyduck
08-01-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This post is a brilliant demonstration of ignorance. On so many different levels, too.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

psyduck
08-01-2005, 04:26 AM
er except for the "Irieguy" part

Jman28
08-01-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for being you.

Jimbobobb
08-01-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this post simply because it gave me this response to laught at. gildwulf, you win sir.

MegaBet
08-01-2005, 08:17 AM
OK, who wants to mention variance to this guy...

...on second thoughts, let him find out for himself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bearly
08-01-2005, 09:36 AM
irie is both a dr. and correct on this. i am mentally handicapped---100% disabled. i would very much like to have several of these posters who are confident of their ability to teach a person, w/ a mental disability, to beat the fish----help me. irie? several other winning players? i could really use the help of people who find the games (up to 109's) easy to beat, help me to show a +10% roi on the 22's. pm me please. i will be very candid on the nature of my handicaps, and will follow any program that one of the posters who is serious lays out. i would really like to have a set of guidelines from several of you winning players who feel you are up to the job------in my case, constant repetition and reenforcement are very important. i will continue this thread w/ follow-up's just to see how it shakes out......................h

xLukex
08-01-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

alot of people think they are great at it... but in reality, most people really suck :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather be able to beat the $109s than be able to get my girlfriend off 4 times...

...not joking.

tigerite
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Poker is more like sex because:

You raise and then move all-in with the nuts, after a call.
Pushing is also okay as long as you've played some hands.
You don't want to see a flop, and want to be careful of calls from other players, especially if you've been going all-in a lot lately.
Only one of you will be happy when the river comes.

Unoriginalname
08-01-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather be able to beat the $109s than be able to get my girlfriend off 4 times...

...not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, nh

gildwulf
08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, nh

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck beating off to pictures of Jennifer Harman

Freudian
08-01-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have an ROI greater than 10% at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against people with this belief I am sure 20% is sustainable.

xLukex
08-01-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, nh

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck beating off to screenshots of your SNG tracker once you start owning the $109s

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

bearly
08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
hi, i have yet to hear from anyone. are any of you who are confident you can teach a mentally handicapped person to beat the 109's willing to see if you can really do it? w/ the 22's. if you think i am a troll-----don't. i can send any info you might want to verify (from social security, or social services) to irieguy, who is a dr. and bound by confidentiality. i will be doing follow-ups. i am interested in where this takes me/us. h

45suited
08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi, i have yet to hear from anyone. are any of you who are confident you can teach a mentally handicapped person to beat the 109's willing to see if you can really do it? w/ the 22's. if you think i am a troll-----don't. i can send any info you might want to verify (from social security, or social services) to irieguy, who is a dr. and bound by confidentiality. i will be doing follow-ups. i am interested in where this takes me/us.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that the OP has not responded because he knows that he was talking out of his A$$ when he made his original claim.

Irieguy
08-01-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi, i have yet to hear from anyone. are any of you who are confident you can teach a mentally handicapped person to beat the 109's willing to see if you can really do it? w/ the 22's. if you think i am a troll-----don't. i can send any info you might want to verify (from social security, or social services) to irieguy, who is a dr. and bound by confidentiality. i will be doing follow-ups. i am interested in where this takes me/us. h

[/ QUOTE ]

Bearly,

Poker is a complicated game, and it is not possible to beat the rake by simply playing from a list of instructions.

A few independent groups are working on AI programs that can play winning poker, and soon there will be a bot that can beat something. But even that program would be a tremendously sophisticated computer, using alogorithms that a human would not be able to implement in real time.

Saabpo did not beat the rake.

You may or may not be able to beat the $22's. Having a mentor would be helpful. But nobody will be able to give you a guide, that in and of itself will make you a winner.

I wish you luck and success... but this ridiculous thread is not likely to be a springboard to loot and booty for you.

Irieguy

johnnybeef
08-01-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

45suited
08-01-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bearly,

Poker is a complicated game, and it is not possible to beat the rake by simply playing from a list of instructions.

A few independent groups are working on AI programs that can play winning poker, and soon there will be a bot that can beat something. But even that program would be a tremendously sophisticated computer, using alogorithms that a human would not be able to implement in real time.

Saabpo did not beat the rake.

You may or may not be able to beat the $22's. Having a mentor would be helpful. But nobody will be able to give you a guide, that in and of itself will make you a winner.

I wish you luck and success... but this ridiculous thread is not likely to be a springboard to loot and booty for you.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so nice to have a good player who acts as a sanity check on the forum. I nominate Irie for Vice Moderator. He can take over in times of emergency if Citanul is unconscious or incapacitated. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

microbet
08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I can think of two friends of mine who are extremely smart (one PhD in Econ from Berkeley - was taking graduate classes in Math at 19 - one computer programmer wrote video games for lucas arts) who absolutely can not play a lick of poker.

lacky
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
this is cut and pasted from an earlier post, but it is the best advice i can give.

Steve

ok, honest advice here. Get her a copy of low limit holdem by lee jones or getting started in holdem by ed miller. miller is probably best but i havent read it. start her out at .02/.04 at stars. there is no rake, no pressure and if she cant beat it, she cant beat anything else either.

have her work on playing the correct hands in the correct position preflop, then work on playing the flop etc, as she works through the book. whithen a month if she's gonna get it she'll be doing well at these games and asking intellegent questions about certain situations. If she says things like i dont play 89s because i never get the flush, i changed tables couse i was unlucky there, i dont like to raise with AK couse usually i dont get anything, etc, give up. i'm really not joking either.

If all is going well, she can move up to .05/.10 limit (still no rake), then progress her way to .5/1 on party. playing well you can ave about 3 to 4 bb/100 hands at .5/1, playing a little over 200 hands an hour on 4 tables. so, with rake back about $8 to $11 an hour, 2x if she can 8 table, with very little varience.

If she makes it this far (and you should realize it's a big if) she can easily learn nl ring or stt's to branch out, or progress in limit.

the reason to focus on limit first is everything she needs is easily availible in good books, so other than some help spotting her leaks and answering questions she can easily teach herself if she is motivated.

Hope that helps. The reason I have tried to teach people before is to give them an easier life. I understand where your coming from and I hope it works out, it just doesnt usually.

ewing55
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...in times of emergency if Citanul is unconscious or incapacitated. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you tell?

-----------Jeff

bearly
08-01-2005, 03:14 PM
hi, does a person who claims that"...it's because of the handys that 10% roi+ is so easily achieveable..." sound like a person w/ the brain power to actually perform this feat? if so, bigotry is not confined to the ignorant.

Maulik
08-01-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is more like sex because:

You raise and then move all-in with the nuts, after a call.
Pushing is also okay as long as you've played some hands.
You don't want to see a flop, and want to be careful of calls from other players, especially if you've been going all-in a lot lately.
Only one of you will be happy when the river comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, you win =\

skipperbob
08-01-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if Citanul is unconscious or incapacitated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's as good as Citanul gets = unconscious or incapacitated /images/graemlins/frown.gif

morgan180
08-01-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

08-01-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Great movie. He would probably also be able to remember the outcome of every hand he ever played too, but his bankroll management would suck since he had no concept of money.

freemoney
08-01-2005, 08:00 PM
i dont think theres any ignorance involved in my statement, i guarantee if i went to harvard or another school where there were a bunch of real bright kids took 25 kids and taught them for 2 months that they would be easily beating the 109s.

skipperbob
08-01-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think theres any ignorance involved in my statement, i guarantee if i went to harvard or another school where there were a bunch of real bright kids took 25 kids and taught them for 2 months that they would be easily beating the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooooo...What you're saying is that given 2 months with you at the helm, you could turn 25 Harvard u.g.'s into just as good $109 SnG players as your "OP" mentally-ill subject /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Unoriginalname
08-01-2005, 09:34 PM
This thread is useless without someone offering up a prop bet.

IvyGrizzly
08-01-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is useless without someone offering up a prop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can teach me, but I'm not mentally handicapped so it's not entirely accurate.

brimstone1
08-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I knew this thread was full of sh.t the second I saw the title, but what pisses me off so much about it is that most serious poker-related threads, be it hands, push situations, don't get half the attention a crappy thread like this gets.

gildwulf
08-01-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are really saying is a socially handicapped person could beat the 109s...

pearljam
08-01-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew this thread was full of sh.t the second I saw the title, but what pisses me off so much about it is that most serious poker-related threads, be it hands, push situations, don't get half the attention a crappy thread like this gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

viennagreen
08-02-2005, 12:23 AM
push situations, along with a lot of "end-game" hands, have been covered to death on these boards and don't deserve any more attention--- in my opinion.

i think that the "attitude" of a SNG player is perhaps the part that most people here need work on.

freemoney
08-02-2005, 02:10 AM
i made a stupid post at 3 in the morning, everyones gotta chill out.

nate_king1
08-06-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

freemoney.... I will take you up on this offer if you agree to.

Nottom
08-07-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id be almost willing to bet that i could take a person who has never played and within 2 months be an easily winning player at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I volunteer

gumpzilla
08-07-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I volunteer

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, you've never played an SNG?

Nottom
08-07-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I volunteer

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, you've never played an SNG?

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise to forget everything.