PDA

View Full Version : Laptop causes sterility?

08-01-2005, 02:04 AM
I have a laptop and no desk and spend about 8 hours a day on my laptop, which as the name says rests on my lap close to my nads. The laptop does get quite hot and I was wondering if this would damage my "boys"? After watching a movie on it for 3 hours and getting up my thighs and general crotch area felt extremely hot.

Will I never get someone preggers?

ViolentGandhi

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-01-2005, 02:11 AM
um...It's like cycling. It probably reduces fertility for a few days, but doesn't actually permanently damage those guys.

The Stranger
08-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Lay down with it on your belly. That's what I'm doing right now.

Ogre
08-01-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lay down with it on your belly. That's what I'm doing right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why to hard to type that way.

Just buy a desk/folding table or soemthing.

cbfair
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
There were a bunch of news reports on this back in the fall. IIIRC, a study was done at some institute suggesting that if could cause sterility in a significant # of men.

I don't feel like searching for it, but if you want to follow up this was a high profile thing and the info is out there.

swede123
08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
If you spend eight hours a day on your computer, why don't you take the leap and invest in a desk? Even one of those rolling computer cart things that have a footprint of about 1x3 feet should do the trick. In addition to possible sterility issues you can't possibly be very comfortable hunched over your own lap, plinking away at your lap top all day. Seriously, get a desk, get yourself a keyboard/mouse combo, and be more comfortable.

Swede

tek
08-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Go to a dental supply shop and buy a lead apron /images/graemlins/wink.gif

xadrez
08-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Now you can bareback dude, dont complain!

LargeCents
08-01-2005, 12:43 PM
I used to do the same thing with my laptop, but sometimes my nuts would actually start to hurt. Now I use a table leaf as an "Insulator" between my laptop and me. It's almost like a mini-desk. When I'm in the lazy boy, it really works slick, bridging across the arms of the chair, I've got some anti-slide material so it sticks in place. This is my arrangement most of the time now.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to do the same thing with my laptop, but sometimes my nuts would actually start to hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has more to do with what you're viewing on your laptop than anything else. And there's a much easier, and more entertaining, way to take care of this problem.

Loci
08-01-2005, 01:32 PM
The extra heat of keeping your legs together kills the little fellas. The laptop heat doesn't help either.