PDA

View Full Version : Overcards: Bet this flop?

bobbyi
08-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, /images/graemlins/confused.gif

dave44
08-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Drawy flop, crappy showdown value, 4 opponents, and no button- I check.

bobbyi
08-01-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that no button is a reason to bet. I would like to knock out the guy behind me so I have the button on future streets and it means that checking isn't guaranteed to get me to the turn for free (he may bet just because everyone checked to him).

dave44
08-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Good point, you're completely right.

It would be nice to have a read on the aggression of the other players. For instance, if I knew they would check and call their draws, I'd feel better about betting and the information it would give me.

Entity
08-01-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that no button is a reason to bet. I would like to knock out the guy behind me so I have the button on future streets and it means that checking isn't guaranteed to get me to the turn for free (he may bet just because everyone checked to him).

[/ QUOTE ]

General observation: most opponents and hands that coldcall preflop aren't dumping on this flop IMO.

I'd check.

Rob

Lmn55d
08-01-2005, 01:43 PM
yea, I agree. I probably bet the flop more than most and I check this for sure.

knowlesm
08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check it. You're not going to force out 3 players with one small bet and your turn outs don't look so good anyway. Kd puts a 3-flush on the board and any Q gives JT the nut straight.

bobbyi
08-01-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kd puts a 3-flush on the board

[/ QUOTE ]
... which gives me the second nut flush draw (plus top pair).