PDA

View Full Version : SB blind defense

housenuts
07-31-2005, 11:55 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Is this standard? I don't know how I feel about leading out on the flop, but I did.

As for the river is this a good bet, I don't see him holding anything that beats me

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Perfect.

I don't see any point at which you can do anything else, unless you want to get tricky and really own an aggro opponent by check-raising the turn. (That would be really, really hot... but, again, you'd have to be pretty sure villain would bet and the check-raise wouldn't kill further action.

johnnycakes
08-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Perfect.

He's calling with a lot of pocket pairs, an 8, and maybe AK.
If he rasies the river, you can fold fairly easily.

housenuts
08-01-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think so? i would be inclined to call

johnnycakes
08-01-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he fancy?
Would he actually raise the river with that board with a hand that you beat?

I guess it's pretty player dependent, but as a default answer, I'd say fold.

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to think very, very hard before folding this river if raised. There are so few hands I think villain can have on the river given the way it was played I think a bluff/worse J will be around often enough that I think hero should call. But I guess it's close.