PDA

View Full Version : My first day at the $22s

07-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks to all who have guided me in the past, today I had the bankroll and the confidence to move up to the next level.

Was able to get in about 25 games today and let me tell you, it was not what I expected. In the isolated sample that I have, it seems people play much smarter than the 11s, I saw it 7-8 handed going into lvl 5 many times today, this is a rarity at the 11s. Another difference, these guys like to gamb0l it up, as opposed to the weak-tightness of the 11s. They were calling allins with J9+, Q8+ and other junk that would never be ahead but still only slightly behind. The 11s ppl will fold everything but Ax, and K9+, and obviosly hands worth calling.

Finished the day a few buyins down, but I believe it was from both bad play and HORRID variance (one suckout was so bad I almost posted it here, but I know how much you guys love that /images/graemlins/wink.gif). I may need to plug a few leaks, 11s usually saw me with a 800+ stack at lvl 4, 22s I was around 4-500 so my early game needs work.

Anyway get ready for LOADS of hand posts from me cuz im gonna need you guys more then ever. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KramerTM
07-31-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway get ready for LOADS of hand posts from me cuz im gonna need you guys more then ever. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it.

mike28
07-31-2005, 11:25 PM
The 11s had pretty loose calling ranges, but it seems that there are a lot more "bwhaha spite called j00 reverse gaaaaaap batch" guys at the 22s

gildwulf
07-31-2005, 11:26 PM
To be fair, I played the 20s today as well and I ran into WAY more 2+2ers than usual...in one set there were 4 2+2ers at one of my tables, 3 at another and 2 multitabling 4 of my SNGs. I'm guessing today was just a bit harder than usual...the 20s are cuddlebear soft, don't worry. Keep postin'.

07-31-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, I played the 20s today as well and I ran into WAY more 2+2ers than usual...in one set there were 4 2+2ers at one of my tables, 3 at another and 2 multitabling 4 of my SNGs. I'm guessing today was just a bit harder than usual...the 20s are cuddlebear soft, don't worry. Keep postin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, funny you should say that, I think I played you today. "wulfmann" right?

You got crippled when your QQ ran into KK, I think you shoulda reraised pf to find out where you stood. The original raiser was UTG, scary place to see a raise.

See ya at the tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluefeet
07-31-2005, 11:31 PM
if you truly believe you have leaks in your early game (the 'green' is in your bubble play. it's very difficult to have an effective bubble game if you're spewing chips early), consider posting a random complete HH. many don't care to see complete HH, but there are some that'll throw it in replayer for a look-see (myself included).

[or PM me if you want to email some]