PDA

View Full Version : Crypto hand: How far on the river?

grjr
07-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Gotta input this manually so bear with me. Also, no reads on BB.

Crypto 1/2 10 players

Hero is MP3 with 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

5 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB calls

(people have been folding to all my good card raises so I have to punish them somehow)

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls

(people have been betting out on the flop against me and I have been blowing them out with aggression)

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero reraises, BB caps

(wow, what does he have?)

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, Hero???

Ok, 5 on the river isn't a good card for me. BB can't put me on a straight on the turn since I raised preflop. He probably thinks I have a big pair. Could he have 98, T9, a pair of 9's, or something that I beat?

What do you do here? How far would you raise it if BB kept going? Remember, there is no cap on raises on the river at Crypto.

Dave G.
07-31-2005, 11:22 PM
ALL THE WAY BABY.

Just kidding. I typed that before I read the post, because I thought it would sound cool.

Having read the post, though...

You have the idiot end of the straight. It's possible he has a set, but how sure are you of that? He's going fairly crazy. I'd fire a raise on the river to see what he does, if he 3-bets I'm done. I need a lot more confidence in my holding before I take this all the way.

(As a side note, I'm pretty sure there is no cap on the turn HU at the Cryptos either. I saw two guys go up to 5 bets on the turn.)

grjr
08-01-2005, 12:23 AM
I wasn't sure on the turn cap when I wrote this up but I think you're correct. I was already beginning to fear a higher straight since it seems every time I get in a raising war there without the absolute nuts I get burned.

hemstock
08-01-2005, 12:29 AM
A fold would be stupid, you are affraid of a higher str8 or a boat so a raise is dangerous so I IMO this is an easy call.

grjr
08-01-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A fold would be stupid, you are affraid of a higher str8 or a boat so a raise is dangerous so I IMO this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I lose to a boat here then I better find a new place to play. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chubbers
08-01-2005, 01:07 AM
When the 6 hits on the turn i'd suggest by the guys re-raise and cap that he has 9T. I'd then play defence on the river and only check/call to see. It makes it worse that the 5 came up but then IF he has the same hand as you then you're splitting the pot - why raise? If he has a 9 then you've lost, so call seems to make sense.

hemstock
08-01-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I lose to a boat here then I better find a new place to play. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh.... I thought the board paired /images/graemlins/blush.gif
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Walker
08-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Crypto 1/2 is fun!!!

I thought there was no limit to the number of raises HU on the turn too. Nevertheless I think your splitting when he 4 bets you on the turn.