PDA

View Full Version : KQs hits trips from OOP

swolfe
07-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Villain is a muppet and the only bad player at the table. I've been staying here solely to get (the rest of) his stack.

His stats are 33/16/1.2.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($336.15)
SB ($947.35)
Hero ($687.80)
UTG ($276)
MP ($282.08)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $11, UTG calls $11.

Flop: ($62) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $45</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $45, Button folds.

Turn: ($152) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $80</font>, Hero calls $80.

River: ($312) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $143</font>

-Skeme-
07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
There's lots of variations of a "bad player." I don't know which he is. I think I want more money in on the turn.

elus2
07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets $143

[/ QUOTE ]

wierd bet size. his range is still pretty wide after his flop call. your check induces a lot of hands that you beat which he called with on the flop to make a bet on the turn. what do you think about a turn check-push in that spot.

swolfe
07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wierd bet size.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had $142.08 left.

ajmargarine
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
please elaborate on why you did, what you did, on the turn.

ZootMurph
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets $143

[/ QUOTE ]

wierd bet size. his range is still pretty wide after his flop call. your check induces a lot of hands that you beat which he called with on the flop to make a bet on the turn. what do you think about a turn check-push in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

$143 is all Villain has left, which is why he bet that amount.

And I like a check/raise allin on the turn as well. I'm wondering if he's playing a 10 or if he has a weak King and gets a lucky split on the river. In any case, get all the money in when you are ahead and don't wait.

elus2
07-31-2005, 10:28 PM
d'oh. right. i still like a turn checkraise though after you've induced that bet.

swolfe
07-31-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
please elaborate on why you did, what you did, on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only two hands i'm worried about are AK and KT. i don't know what he called me on the flop with, but it's not nothing. i think he either has a K, paired the T, AA/QQ/JJ.

he raises any two broadway, but not suited connectors less than JT, so i'm not very worried about the flush draw...especially after he bets.

given those, i was unsure about the turn. i think that a second shot on the turn would make it obvious that i have a K and fold out the hands that i'm ahead of, but checking could get a bet out of them. i was hoping that he'd put me on a T pair or flush draw or something and bet.

when i bet the river, i was hoping that he would put me on a missed draw bluff or A-high or maybe talk himself into calling with AA or whatever.

shrug, this was a strange hand for me.

swolfe
08-01-2005, 09:38 AM
he called with ATo. weird...i was actually expecting him to fold the river unless we were chopping.

*stamp* BUDDY LIST *stamp*

TheWorstPlayer
08-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Perfect line, IMO. Exactly how I play it. I love the turn/river combo. Most people will c/r the turn but that is truly terrible.

Edit: After reading results I was not at all surprised. Nice hand. This is a very important type of hand, IMO, and I think you played it perfectly. Fim had a hand like this recently, too, and took this exact same line. It's a very good line. I hope people see why c/r on the turn is very bad.

Brad F.
08-01-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect line, IMO. Exactly how I play it. I love the turn/river combo. Most people will c/r the turn but that is truly terrible.

Edit: After reading results I was not at all surprised. Nice hand. This is a very important type of hand, IMO, and I think you played it perfectly. Fim had a hand like this recently, too, and took this exact same line. It's a very good line. I hope people see why c/r on the turn is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I get it. Is it because calling looks weaker here, and you are more likely chance to get paid off on the river because of it? And a check-raise almost always scares the villian out of the hand?

Brad

xorbie
08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I get it. Is it because calling looks weaker here, and you are more likely chance to get paid off on the river because of it? And a check-raise almost always scares the villian out of the hand?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't just look weak, it looks confusing. And yes, a check/raise represents a much stronger hand than this line does.

GrunchCan
08-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Is your river action the same if the river were the 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

GrunchCan
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope people see why c/r on the turn is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ashamed to say that I don't see it.

swolfe
08-01-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is your river action the same if the river were the 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but i'd expect to lose more often.

amoeba
08-01-2005, 12:07 PM
played fine.

turn checkraise is just retarded.

amoeba
08-01-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope people see why c/r on the turn is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ashamed to say that I don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

because with a turn check raise you might as well type in to the chat " hi, I have a K, if you have me beat, call, if you don't fold.

GrunchCan
08-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Ah, of course. Thought it was something more 'advanced' then that. Silly me.