PDA

View Full Version : A blind steal hand....

aK13
07-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Crypto 2/4 6max

I have T9 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button.

Folded to me, I raise, SB folds, BB calls.

2 to the flop for 4SB: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I 3bet, BB caps, I call.

2 to the turn for 6BB: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I call.

2 to the river for 10BB: J/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I ?

baronzeus
07-31-2005, 09:51 PM
If you won that hand after all that action with a pair and shitty kicker, I want to start playing cryptos.

RunDownHouse
07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
I either check through that turn or I fold after the c/r. I get super suspicious when a capper checks on a no-flush-draw board, and then the c/r tells me flat out I'm crushed.

No reads of any kind? Poop.

aK13
08-01-2005, 03:52 AM
bumpz0r.

yanicehand
08-01-2005, 05:30 AM
I'll preface by saying I'm more weak/tight than I'd like to be in these situations. If my read on the guy is that he is solid and TAG, I think I just call the flop c/r instead of 3 betting. He's either doing this with something like 99-33, an 8, or with top pair better(or worse) kicker. That's enough where I feel fine letting him bet with the worse hand and calling down from that point on, or losing minimum to JT and above. If I have no reads, I might go with the 3 bet and when it gets capped, I'm pretty positive there is no way I'm ahead, and even though the turn check is confusing, I don't see myself betting there... ever.

MrEngenic
08-01-2005, 05:51 AM
I would 3-bet the flop if he's very laggy, otherwise I just call this down from his flop CR. A 3-bet means that you think you have the best hand AND that you think he will call you down with a worse hand, OR that you want to see if he's got you crushed if he caps so you can fold the turn. I don't like folding here so I would just call his CR.
I wouldn't bet the river here.

Is my reasoning too passive? Do I miss value those times a lower pocket or a weaker T calls down? I would play like Hero if I had AT or an overpair, but I think 9T is too weak. I would play like Hero if it was a HU game, but it's hard to know just how much your opponent is adjusting to the blind steal situation.

Poldi
08-01-2005, 06:24 AM
After he caps the flop, I want to show this down as cheap as possible so I check the turn through.

kamelion44
08-01-2005, 06:29 AM
In situations like these, I've been experimenting with calling the CR, and then calling all bets down from that point on, and betting if checked to. I've found that the LAGs at the 5-10 6 max at least, will keep betting a huge range of hands there, including worse tens, any pair, and various high cards and weak draws. I'm not sure, but I think this equity makes up for the bets I sometimes miss (i.e. he'll call raises with worse than my hand) and the times he outdraws me for cheap.

Why bet the turn? What's he fooling around with? Maybe a real LAG has 67o and just paired up or something...I'd have to have a read on him before I bet that turn again. And sometimes your check through on the turn will get a worse hand to bet the river (obviously you call the river if you check the turn here...).