** Dealing Turn ** [ 7s ]
LuBigBonk bets [30].
HERO calls [30].
** Dealing River ** [ Kh ]
LuBigBonk bets [30].
HERO calls [30].

durron597
07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
I have no problem raising this river and folding to a push.

rbear
07-31-2005, 08:25 PM
fairly new here.... pwned means??

acIdREIGN462
07-31-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fairly new here.... pwned means??

[/ QUOTE ]

It means owned in geek-speak

AcidReign

lastchance
07-31-2005, 08:52 PM
I raise preflop, especially in CO-1, and I think it's very correct.

Calling the turn might be ok, but when I hit trip kings on the river, I'm raising.

07-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Reraise on that river and raise PF. You're holding a good hand around CO, and by the river you've got trips made. Try to extract value from them.

freemoney
07-31-2005, 09:18 PM
people will push back all in with worse hands, the hand is pretty butchered so i dont think theres nearly enough info to raise and fold.

durron597
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
people will push back all in with worse hands, the hand is pretty butchered so i dont think theres nearly enough info to raise and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising and calling is also not bad, I am just saying that you can't not raise here.

david050173
07-31-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise on that river and raise PF. You're holding a good hand around CO, and by the river you've got trips made. Try to extract value from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how trips really helps your hand. Sure he could have lower 2 pair which you beat but I think the odds of facing KQ,JT or a miniflush are just as likely as being up against a hand you can beat but will also call a bet (KJ?kT?). Obviuosly if your playing 5+1 you are more likely to be called by any king than in the higher levels.

I would have raised him on the turn. If he had the flush, there was no card that was coming that would help my hand. If he just calls my raise, I am done with the hand if I can't show it down cheaply. If he had a 1 spade and a straight draw, no need to let him get a cheap draw.

jeffraider
07-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks a lot for all of your replies! I absolutely must start raising AKs PF in spots like this. I've been experimenting (with good success) with limping AK in the early levels, but I think that this is a must raise now.

Postflop, this guy just pwned me with his minbet on the turn. Something in my head screamed HE HAS THE FLUSH OMG and I just called, planning on calling up to about 100 on the river. The river K didn't help my hand if he has a flush, so I just called as well, happy to see his flush for cheap. By see his flush I mean see his Q8o, unfortunately. I ended up winning this hand, but cost myself some money with the passive play.

I pretty rarely see monsters like this, normally I'm the opposite and don't give enough credit, but this guy's minbet just sold me completely. After thinking it over, I think raising him on the turn is the best way to play this hand, and if you just call on the turn I think raising the K river is a must too. I believe if I had have raised him on the river and he pushed or reraised I would have folded, which I don't think is terrible, neither is raising and calling.

Thanks so much for all the help!