PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set heads up, any mistakes on my play?

lemonPeel
07-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
He bets, I call.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
He bets, we cap at 16
River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
he bets, we cap at 16

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+2 has Kd 6d (full house, kings full of sixes).
Hero has 4h 4c (full house, fours full of kings).
Outcome: </font>

elena_elphie
07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I probably give him credit for the boat on his river 3-bet and just call if I don't know anything about this opponent. We do have the worst possible boat here.

The only other possibility I see is he is overplaying something like AK, but he did not raise preflop.

I definately cap the river if villian has shown any signs of being donky in the past.

lemonPeel
07-31-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably give him credit for the boat on his river 3-bet and just call if I don't know anything about this opponent. We do have the worst possible boat here.

The only other possibility I see is he is overplaying something like AK, but he did not raise preflop.

I definately cap the river if villian has shown any signs of being donky in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH im sorry, he did raise preflop utg... does this change anything?

synbad13
07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
You should either raise or fold PF, I would probablly fold. With all folds to you, you either want to drive out the players behind you and hope that if they don't fold preflop, they will fold the flop. If you don't hit a set, you aren't looking very good versus anyone, even with position so I don't like limping at all.

I would probablly fold preflop though unless you know the players behind you are tight. You just don't have very much strength in a shorthanded pot.

elena_elphie
07-31-2005, 08:15 PM
In that case it is far more likely he has AK or KQ, so I cap the river. KK is also possible, but very unlikely with only 1 combo.

If I already knew he was the sort of player that would raise UTG with K6s, then he is probably at least somewhat maniacal so I still cap.

Eurotrash
07-31-2005, 09:07 PM
the preflop action is way messed up in your original post, so I really have no idea what went on there.

after you cap the turn and he still leads the river, I think I'd just raise and call a 3 bet. putting in the 4th bet I think is spewing, but I've been known to play weak before.

mlb3zr
07-31-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

OH im sorry, he did raise preflop utg... does this change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

After a PF raise, I'm folding small pairs without at least a couple of others in the hand. It looks like he's overplaying AK or KQ, unless he is an idiot and would raise K6 or K8 UTG, so your play seems okay.