PDA

View Full Version : GF going on real world; cause for premptive break up?

[censored]
07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Your girl friend is accepted as a cast member of the next real world.

Do you premptively break up with her?

Is the fact that she was accepted grounds for questioning her sanity?

If you do decide to break up with her, do you wait till filming starts to do it?

LBJ
07-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Why break up? You get to go on the show, as the loyal boyfriend that gets some on 2 seperate visits.

BeerMoney
07-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Great topic.

The answer is definitely yes, and make sure you start banging someone ASAP.

kurosh
07-31-2005, 06:39 PM
If she was the type of girl to go on real world, I wouldn't be with her in the first place.

BeerMoney
07-31-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she was the type of girl to go on real world, I wouldn't be with her in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you trusted her?

ClaytonN
07-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes on all counts

[censored]
07-31-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think is a very good point and what I was getting at with the second question. Is just the act of going on the real world and being the type that was choosen enough to cause you to question if you should be with her in the first place?

Los Feliz Slim
07-31-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, the breakup would probably come at the first serious mention of making an audition tape. Aloha means goodbye.

touchfaith
07-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Let her go and hope you have an opportunity to visit her during the taping...

Then SIIHP on TV.

SackUp
07-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Clearly the answer is you stay together with her, go visit, and then hook up with her and the rest of the housemates.

lucas9000
07-31-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mslif
07-31-2005, 06:47 PM
All cast members end up cheating on their bf or gf on that show and the bf or gf always end up looking like a huge [censored] on national TV. Do you really want this to happen to you?

JMP300z
07-31-2005, 06:48 PM
You guys are crazy...I dont know many girls that would NOT take the opportunity to be on the real world. Which would leave many of you...well nevermind, youre probably already lonely.

That said...if they got chosen...theyre probably casted as either the crazy drama queen, the slut, the dike or something worse. I flip a coin...heads she's a keeper...tails she goes.

-JP

[censored]
07-31-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly the answer is you stay together with her, go visit, and then hook up with her and the rest of the housemates.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that she won't break up with within the first 3 episodes. I think this is a very faulty assumption. Remember she has been accepted to go on the real world.

Sponger15SB
07-31-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All cast members end up cheating on their bf or gf on that show and the bf or gf always end up looking like a huge [censored] on national TV. Do you really want this to happen to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp
07-31-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that she won't break up with within the first 3 episodes. I think this is a very faulty assumption. Remember she has been accepted to go on the real world.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I would also have the assumption that it is over already if she is going on the show. And hopefully I can get some nice sympathy/pity breakup from chicks who find out I just got dumped on tv but some slut.

I try to keep it positive /images/graemlins/smile.gif

eastbay
07-31-2005, 06:57 PM
This is purely hypothetical. Right?

eastbay

thatpfunk
07-31-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know many girls that would NOT take the opportunity to be on the real world.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, ok.

I would not be with a girl who would try to get on the real world.

ChoicestHops
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
um, ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck on finding that girl.

thatpfunk
07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Good luck on finding that girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

So every girl you know tries to get on the Real World?

Not all of us live in BFE and think the real world is the holy grail of fame and fortune.

Luv2DriveTT
07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do decide to break up with her, do you wait till filming starts to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the cast gets a bonus if this occurs on screen. Get a contract with her that says she has to pay a percentage of all they time you are included in every episode, and then you are golden baby!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

RunDownHouse
07-31-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe so many of you have said this. I would love to be on The Real World. When on the show, your life consists of:

1) Drinking. A lot. Since they don't allow TV/radio/newspapers/etc in the house, you spend a lot of time playing pool for drinks.

2) Flirting with hot women. 2/3 to 3/4 of your roomates are going to be gorgeous women. When you go out, beautiful women are attracted to that camera like moths to the flame.

3) A ridiculously easy job. It also has a pretty good chance of being something cool that you won't really have an opportunity to do otherwise.

4) All the other little things, like your badass house.

I can think of good reasons for a 20-something to avoid the show - they value privacy highly, they don't want to deal with getting accosted at times, and so on - but to summarily dismiss anyone who wants to go on as nuts is going too far.

All that being said, actually being accepted is an entirely different matter. They don't take normal, well-adjusted people on that show. You're crazier than a shithouse rat.

Fucker, I can't believe that you've been seeing this girl for any decent length of time and haven't noticed something off the wall about her. Fess up: what is her psychosis?

ChoicestHops
07-31-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Not all of us live in BFE and think the real world is the holy grail of fame and fortune.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you gotta live in Egypt to know girls that want to be on the Real World. I see. Sorry guy, but the majority of girls in their young 20's would go on the Real World in a heart beat. One's that wouldn't already have a guy in their hands who has some bank.

[censored]
07-31-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you gotta live in Egypt to know girls that want to be on the Real World. I see. Sorry guy, but the majority of girls in their young 20's would go on the Real World in a heart beat. One's that wouldn't already have a guy in their hands who has some bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I think the point is that the majority of the girls in their 20's are completely out of their [censored]-ing minds.

thatpfunk
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, there is a HUGE difference between being offered a spot and going through the application process. Anyone I know would be mocked mercilessly the moment anyone found out they actually apllied.

And sorry bud, but meet some more girls. Or move.

ChoicestHops
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
No argument there.

Sponger15SB
07-31-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry guy, but the majority of girls in their young 20's would go on the Real World in a heart beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponge (4:57:13 PM): if you were offered a spot to be on the next real world, would you go?
Kath (4:57:27 PM): hmm
Kath (4:57:35 PM): prob not
Kath (4:57:45 PM): why?
Sponge (4:58:45 PM): just wondering, cause some retards on this poker message board are arguing about how every girl in their early 20's would want to be on the show, and i think thats stupid and i would probably mock anyone i know who even tried out to be on the show
Kath (4:59:01 PM): hah
Kath (4:59:38 PM): you mean guys who spend all their time playing on line poker don't understand what a girl in her early 20's is thinking?

Awesome.

arod15
07-31-2005, 08:10 PM
No dont break up with her. Just cheat on her all you can and try to get on the show.....

mslif
07-31-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kath (4:59:38 PM): you mean guys who spend all their time playing on line poker don't understand what a girl in her early 20's is thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAAH!!!! Very nice.

PoBoy321
07-31-2005, 08:13 PM
The correct answer is:

Stay with her and cheat on her while she's away, then go visit her and break up with her then. I think that this is the ideal way to get maximum airtime.

Yeti
07-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Is your friend single?

kerssens
07-31-2005, 08:14 PM
How could anybody turn down Real World? I mean, think of all the doors that open for you after the show. RW/RR challenge, and ......well I guess thats it.

oneeye13
07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
i'd teabag her

yoadrians
07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How could anybody turn down Real World? I mean, think of all the doors that open for you after the show. RW/RR challenge, and ......well I guess thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]

potd. nh sir!

Bigdaddydvo
07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
I didn't break up with Trichelle before Real World Las Vegas.

Look at how that worked out for me.

I think the answer is fairly obvious.

jdd12
07-31-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most definitely...but...

[ QUOTE ]

Dude I think the point is that the majority of the girls in their 20's are completely out of their [censored]-ing minds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] had it right.

Non_Comformist
08-01-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd teabag her

[/ QUOTE ]

183 posts in damn near two years and this is what you come up with? Go ahead and wait awhile on 184.

A_C_Slater
08-01-2005, 01:45 AM
I would break up with a girl if I found out she even dared to WATCH the real world.

08-01-2005, 02:22 AM
You have any balls at all, you must break up with her if she's going on the show.

Richie Rich
08-01-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. So I can illustrate what a typical slut she is, afterwards.

lighterjobs
08-01-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Then SIIHP on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason not to break up with her before taping.

ChoicestHops
08-01-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kath (4:59:01 PM): hah

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB

Reged: 05/20/04
Loc: San Diego

You're right, retards who spend all their time online or playing poker have no idea what the girl is thinking.

PokerGoblin
08-01-2005, 08:47 AM
I know this is off the topic, but how much does something like this pay?

If you don't mind me asking that is...

PG

RubberDucky
08-01-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this is off the topic, but how much does something like this pay?

If you don't mind me asking that is...

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your girl friend is accepted as a cast member of the next real world.

Do you premptively break up with her?

Is the fact that she was accepted grounds for questioning her sanity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you break up with her. No it's not grounds for questioning her sanity. It is grounds, however, for thinking she wants to do all the stuff girls on that show do. And she wants to do them without you there.

maxfisher
08-01-2005, 09:07 AM
If u don't break up with her she will break up with you without question. every season, every castmate decides they should take a break with their partner - like clockwork. also, i don't believe anyone age 18-25, male or female would turn down the opportunity to be on the Real World, unless they had really low self-esteem or something and would not want to be seen on camera, that is all

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also, i don't believe anyone age 18-25, male or female would turn down the opportunity to be on the Real World, unless they were pretty normal and of at least average intelligence, that is all

[/ QUOTE ]

RunDownHouse
08-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Jake: I will offer you the opportunity to live in an incredible house with at least 3 and maybe 4 very hot women. You won't be able to watch TV, but this will mean that you can ply your roommates with booze at all hours of the day and night, and, given their personalities, you probably won't have to twist their arms. For the next 6 months, your only real responsibility will be some fun, unique "job" that will be both easy and interesting. Hell, you can mess it up pretty badly and they won't even fire you! After your time is a little more than half up, we'll even send you on a badass vacation to some beautiful, exotic local.

After the show is over, you'll receive invitations from time to time to do the same exact thing, except instead of a job you'll have to do things like bunjee jump, drive a souped-up hotrod, jump out of a helicopter, etc. The timespan will also only be a month or so, but if you don't get voted out, you'll win a boatload of cash, and along the way you might get stuff like a laptop or a 42" plasma TV. Oh, and this time you'll be with 10-12 good looking women.

The only downside is that you may have to put up with some drama from a crazy [censored] every once in a while.

Sound good?

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only downside is that you may have to put up with some drama from a crazy [censored] every once in a while.

Sound good?

[/ QUOTE ]

this does not sound good at all. what you describe as "some drama" is actually living with several complete morons that will make your life a living hell unless you are completely void of intelligence. i would be completely insane and/or would probably have killed one or more of the brainless twits within a week.

maxfisher
08-01-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, i don't believe anyone age 18-25, male or female would turn down the opportunity to be on the Real World, unless they were pretty normal and of at least average intelligence, that is all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you are either joking or simply not in the know. i hope it was joking??

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you are either joking or simply not in the know. i hope it was joking??

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate this show. if one of these houses goes up in flames with everyone inside, it WAS NOT me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RunDownHouse
08-01-2005, 09:43 AM
It would be pretty easy to keep your relationship with your roommates on your terms. Just go to a bar. Go to a sports bar and catch a game. Sit in the corner and drink whiskey by yourself. Of course the producers would hate it, but that's why this is all a hypothetical. Sane people won't ever be let on the show. But if somehow I were whisked away and plopped down in that house, there's no way I'd let the crazies dictate the terms of my interactions with them.

Sponger15SB
08-01-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sound good?

[/ QUOTE ]

this does not sound good at all. what you describe as "some drama" is actually living with several complete morons that will make your life a living hell unless you are completely void of intelligence. i would be completely insane and/or would probably have killed one or more of the brainless twits within a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention after you get off the show you'll always be known for doing something stupid on the show, and you'll most likely either be ridiculed or laughed at every time you go out.

I value my privacy, I do not want to be famous or known by any means unless it was something like bodyboarding/action sports where nobody gives a flying crap about your personal life.

Do you really want to go out to a bar and have people try and talk to you about every stupid ass episode. There will be enough people who dislike you that you'll most likely get completely hassled by strangers, yay sign me up.

CollinEstes
08-01-2005, 09:45 AM
It would depend on which character my girl friend will be playing.

1. The hot girl that hooks up with someone in the house.
2. The medium hot girl that likes the guy that hooks up with number 1.
3. The ecentric rebel not hot girl that gets the least air time.

If she is 3 then you could, but why would you she isn't hot.

So I would pretty much break up with first.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sane people won't ever be let on the show. But if somehow I were whisked away and plopped down in that house, there's no way I'd let the crazies dictate the terms of my interactions with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that. I think the point of the show is that they find ways to force these people into interaction.

jakethebake
08-01-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention after you get off the show you'll always be known for doing something stupid on the show, and you'll most likely either be ridiculed or laughed at every time you go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/IceBong.jpg

See Sponger gets it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
08-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey what happened to that picture?

Weird...

IndieMatty
08-01-2005, 10:00 AM
I would never date anyone who would try to go on the RW. If somehow she did, break up is immediately following news.

Brad22
08-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Been watching that show for a long time now....I'm guessing you have not, but there has not been one single pre-existing relationship that has ever lasted on that show and/or lasted but someone cheated on someone else.

The only current one is Lacey, from the current RR Austin, who has a boyfriend back at her hometown.

meep_42
08-01-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're a huge slut, you can do Andy Dick on Surreal Life, too.

-d

crownjules
08-01-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck with that. I think the point of the show is that they find ways to force these people into interaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Why do you think there is an endless supply of free booze available? Not to mention they do manipulate the castmembers by dropping "he said/she said" sort of things into those interviews they do.

ChipWrecked
08-01-2005, 11:21 AM
If two of the dudes in the house are named Tyree and Ajax... then yes, better break up now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/Chad.gif

Non_Comformist
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If u don't break up with her she will break up with you without question. every season, every castmate decides they should take a break with their partner - like clockwork. also, i don't believe anyone age 18-25, male or female would turn down the opportunity to be on the Real World, unless they had really low self-esteem or something and would not want to be seen on camera, that is all

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the girls RW has chosen to be on the show. Its not about whether a normal would turn it down but I think we can safely say that if she gets picked she is far from normal.

MaxPower
08-01-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think is a very good point and what I was getting at with the second question. Is just the act of going on the real world and being the type that was choosen enough to cause you to question if you should be with her in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it seems like they only choose severely messed up people.